Scientific Experiment V2 #2

Gringo

Are you satisfied with MON as manager  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with MON as manager

• Yes He's the MON
    • No We need something new

It really saddens me that the question is even being asked.

For goodness sake people, "the question" isnt really being asked

its an approval rating, like a president or a prime minister would get (although both would die for this kind of approval)

View it as a positive thing. Any rating over about 65% is pretty healthy and shows the fans more or less behind the manager. Over 90% is an incredible level of support.

Stop viewing everything as an attack on the manager

Bruce has always done a pretty good job. Look at where he got Wigan to last season. Be interesting to see what he does with Sunderland ... a couple of years behind MON on a similar "project".

Hughes did a great job with Blackburn and Wales but looks out of his depth with Citeh. We will see more over the season.

Roy Hodgson did fantastic with Fulham last season.

Harry has a decent track record and, whilst not popular with most of us, seems to have got Spurs firing.

I like MON but I don't see him as the in the top 4 on what I have seen to date. Consistently poor decision making (or a lack of decision making I should say). He needs to start showing some flexibility and responding to situations (substitutions, tactics etc) IMO before we can say he is a very good manager and can take us to the next level.

I would say the jury is out on MON in the modern Premier League??

Though i dont think there should be a poll every week i do think this was the perfect time for a second. I was really wondering what peoples attitudes would be after a few games when people were calling for his head after 45 mins. I think we have to get used to the fact that our fans are not all perfect and that we have a element of fickleness.

There was a post to the General (no names) saying after the Wigan game he would not be utilising his season ticket for the Fulham game. I wonder after the Liverpool game if he actually went?

I have to admit that, after the Wigan game, I was very tempted to write to the club and ask for a refund on my two STs.

This was not due to me being disappointed with the result (although clearly I was) but down to the frustration of knowing that MON had let us down again with team selection and lack of substitutions. It was clear from the last 15 games of last season that Stan cannot play in a 4-4-2. The pre-season improvement after he was injured and NRC started to get a game was significant. Yet he still went with Stan in a 4-4-2. I was gutted at the start and the result (and lack of changes to that formation) only confirmed this.

The Plop and Fulham games have shown that he has, at last, learnt but it takes too long for my liking and I'm not sure he has any other plans/scenarios. I would have liked to see him use his bench a bit more in the Fulham game both to freshen it up (Stan had played three games in six days and is not the fittest anyway) and to keep his squad happy - Delph for Gingewell and Marc for Gab at 2-0 up with 20 mins left?? And I completely disagree with taking NRC off every time?

I hope he can, sensibly, shuffle his pack this season and prove me wrong.

What happened to Version 1?
Results here
No, I mean why is this called Scientific Experiment V2? I don't recall ever seeing a V1.

Here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

Hey Gringo, anyway you can make a graph of all those polls that were for DOL? Such as you did with MON? That would be ace to see the views change over time...and in comparison to results too would be very interesting...

Also admin can you close the last two polls of DOL's? I was still able to vote on them...

Hey Gringo, anyway you can make a graph of all those polls that were for DOL? Such as you did with MON? That would be ace to see the views change over time...and in comparison to results too would be very interesting...
No because that would be very sad, implying I have no life to do real things.....

Anyway, here is the DOL spring of discontent

image002xm.gif

And actually I think it bears very little comparison with the current situation - one of the strongest feelings at the time was that the board should go before the manager. So if you took that out of the equation DOL could have had much lower scores.

Gringo what I meant was correlating and comparing the votes against DOL to the results that were happening at the time of the votes. For example. the steady increase in votes for him to go in January coincided with a loss to WHA, but preceded by an away win at WBA. After a 0-0 draw against Tottenham away, and a 1-1 draw at home to Chelsea. The votes then went back in his favor with a 4-0 away win at Boro (Moores Hat trick?).....

Goes to show that it's all about results, obviously.

Im not voting simply because i think a poll like this should be made when we are nearing the end of the season or were at the end of the season.
Alternatively - some people thought judgement should have been made when the season was 105 minutes old, but it takes allsorts.