Luke young?

kiddybloke

test  

1. 1. test

• test
    • test

just be worried about the abuse the scumbags are likely to give him in light of his recent loss.

This.

Keep him away from this game I say.

Why???

Don't you think every team we play haven't got scumbags who are going to chant abuse towards Luke's tragedy.

I know for a fact ,if i were in Lukes position, any opposition fans giving me grief would make me play even harder

Martin O'Neill has revealed that Sunday's derby date with Birmingham may come too soon for Luke Young.

The Aston Villa boss had hoped to have the defender back in action for the short trip to St Andrews.

The England international is yet to feature in the 2009/10 campaign after picking up a thigh injury during the pre-season Peace Cup tournament.

Having shaken off that knock he was then placed on compassionate leave following the death of his half-brother.

Young is some way short of full match fitness as a result and O'Neill is wary of handing him a first-team recall ahead of schedule.

"Having given it a bit more thought, I think Sunday may be a little too soon for Luke. There's no point rushing him through," he said.

Practice matches

"He's getting there and he's not feeling too bad at all.

"There are games we'll play behind closed doors that he can play in. We've got ways of getting players ready with these practice matches."

O'Neill is confident he has the depth within his squad to counter the loss of Young, providing players return from international duty unscathed.

He said: "At this moment, it looks like we will have more options. Carlos Cuellar hasn't had to travel anywhere for internationals so hopefully he'll be OK.

"We've got James Collins still to see about. Hopefully he's come through unscathed from his Wales match.

"Richard Dunne played on Saturday for the Republic of Ireland but didn't play in the friendly on Tuesday so we're hoping he'll be fine."

Link

just be worried about the abuse the scumbags are likely to give him in light of his recent loss.

This.

Keep him away from this game I say.

Why???

Don't you think every team we play haven't got scumbags who are going to chant abuse towards Luke's tragedy.

I know for a fact ,if i were in Lukes position, any opposition fans giving me grief would make me play even harder

The problems are:

1) It might phase him to receive that kind of abuse in his first match since May.

2) If it does fire him up, he might get a bit too aggravated and get himself sent off.

Beye has been solid the last two games, I'd keep Luke at home relaxing, bring him in for the Pompey game.

If Young is fit and says he is ready - play him !.

The guy oozes control - if any player can come back for a game like this it is Luke.

After last night I reckon Luke Young will see a real chance of getting into the World Cup squaD and I reckon he will bust a gut this year to do it.

Johnson is great going forward , but suspect defensively. I can't really see another RB, apart from Neville, who can come on and shore the game up.

We need Young playing , and we need players like Young playing on Sunday.

Get him in.

Sunday isnt the right time to make his comeback, we already have to make changes to the defence and I think Beye is beginning to settle and has done well.

Luke has had a lot to deal with and with all the high emotions in a derby game it could easily boil over so we need players who are 100% right mentally.

I think if he is fit and up for it he should start. Young, Cuellar, Dunne & Warnock would look a very solid back 4 and I would like to think the vast majority of Small Heath fans (if sadly not all) would respect his loss.

• 2 weeks later...
Â