America

maqroll

What best describes your feelings about the US of A?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. What best describes your feelings about the US of A?

• Love America
    • Like America
    • Couldn't Care Less About America
    • Hate America
    • Like America, Hate Americans
    • Hate America, Like Americans
    • Bored With America
    • World is Better Off with America
    • World is Better Off Without America
    • Why Do They Use the Letter "Z" Inappropriately?

Getting very jealous of you folk who have spent alot of time there, or are currently residing there. I would love to live in Chicago.

Have only vacationed in Chicago. Thought it was an amazing city, especially in the summer. The lake in the city looks absolutely stunning, its like Caribbean water. So much stuff to do there, the weather is absolutely shite in winter though.

Anyone spent much time in the deep South? What is it like? I would love to do a road trip through there.

I lived in Virginia, so just a bit north of that, but have vacationed quite a bit down there. It is beautiful, food is great, and people are extremely friendly. I would suggest heading around Charleston, Savannah, Atlanta, and if you got the chance head a bit west to New Orleans, all truly amazing places.

Anyone spent much time in the deep South? What is it like? I would love to do a road trip through there.

I lived in Virginia, so just a bit north of that, but have vacationed quite a bit down there. It is beautiful, food is great, and people are extremely friendly. I would suggest heading around Charleston, Savannah, Atlanta, and if you got the chance head a bit west to New Orleans, all truly amazing places.

Cheers LSV

I would love to hire an RV for 3 months and do college football games all along that southern belt.

Cheers LSV

I would love to hire an RV for 3 months and do college football games all along that southern belt.

Certainly if you do that, you will not be disappointed. I went to Virginia Tech, so football stadium full of about 60,000 people is an unbelievable experience. Also, if you have an RV tailgating with that will just add to it. If you get the chance definitely go for it.

It's like when I manage in a foreign country on FM, I get the urge to be in the FA Cup, playing shit like Basingtstoke and small heath.

You have made a powerful enemy this day.

tumblr_lsooixpANG1r05ly0.gif

:lol:

Apart from the music one, I have had many people say the exactly the same things to me. One final question, when you say women, are you talking about how good looking they are, their attitude or both.

I am happily married to a beautiful Floridian who frequents this site so I am unable to comment ! :winkold:

Pretty sure you can comment. You once called every waitress in a place a runway model....... obviously I have a great sense of humor, love sports, and always try to be really nice. The U.S. is pretty big so it just depends where you are.....

Take away the politics and America is a wonderful, wonderful country. I was lucky enough to spend a long time travelling the States and I would go back there in a heartbeat. I don't agree with the powers that be over there but the patchworks of people and landscapes that cover the country are magnificent.

Savannah and Charleston are great places. Also recommend St Augustine (you would be mistaken if you thought you were in a Spanish town). Memphis is good for a bit of nostalgia if you can't get to New Orleans (I recommend Sun Studio!).

I am not American- but have visited Washington, Illinois, New Hampshire, Vermont, Hawaii, New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, Texas, Alaska, Oregon, California, Georgia, Massachusetts, DC, South Carolina, New Mexico, Louisiana, Kansas, Ohio and Pennsylvania.

There's a lot to love about America and a lot to hate. It's not somewhere I would like to live. They need to remember that their sacred constitution (which is an extremely impressive document) allows for a lot more flexibility than their current interpretation of it, and instigate some serious reform. Once they have the politics a bit better, the rest will start to follow. The first step should be to stop having so many bloody elections.

I don't hate America, I certainly don't hate Americans, but I do find aspects of their society rather distasteful.

I moved here in 1999 at the age of 24 as a grad student. Initially I really didn't know if I would stay or not. As life progressed I got my first work visa 2 years later and then my green card in 2005. About 18 months ago I moved to New York City and immediately felt completely at home. After about a week I realized I was never going back to live in England.

I also love California and the West in general. I'm going to spend 11 days in Maob, UT this summer visiting Canyonlands and Arches national park.

What I personally enjoy is the optimism and enthusiasm which is in abundance here. I was discouraged so much growing up in the UK from virtually everything. "Know your place, don't aspire to anything, life is shit, get a crap job and then retire in a country which is miserable."

It is the opposite here. People do pursue their dreams, and even if they fail they can start again with no shame.

The politics probably seem insane from the outside but it's because there is such a lot of people hence a broad range of opinions and special interests. But if you took Europe as a whole it's probably just as nuts.