Scientific Experiment V2 #1

Gringo

What to do with MON?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with MON?

• Keep him
    • Get rid

If the numbers change does this prove that DOL was right and fans are fickle (Note: Using the Villa fan definition of the word)?

It really shouldn't be much of a surprise that we are fickle like ****. And that's not even mentioning the delusional element of the fanbase which has grown like a mad virus ever since Randy took over. The day MON leaves/is sacked is the day the fans will turn on Lerner as well. The main argument will be his inability to replace MON with someone better. And no consideration will be taken over how hard a task that will be. You read it here first.

I find it fascinating that despite all the negativity and sniping that goes on around here, every time a poll like this goes up there is overwhelming support for MON.

I think there seems to be a very vocal minority.

Yes sometimes he says and does things that annoy the hell out of me. But he is the best manager we've had at villa for years. And it's not jut MON you lose, I believe John Robertson is one of the best coaches about. Especially of attack minded players.

What a good idea!, we could drag up Peter Snow to produce monthly presentations with his Swingometer or 'Monometer' :lol:
Peter Snow? Pah. We have our own snowy who has promised to deliver interactive graphs, region based supporter level penetration map and instead of a picture of the house of commons filling up with blue or red representing the two parties, we'll have a representation of the holte stand filling up with er.....claret or blue(?) representing the stay or go factions.

Sorry, how is this scientific experiment going to work?

I've voted to keep him.

Suppose I change my mind?

I can't go to the poll and take back my vote and go the other way, can I?

So how are you going to measure shifts in opinion?

2479918564_eb4b9e42e8.jpg

What a good idea!, we could drag up Peter Snow to produce monthly presentations with his Swingometer or 'Monometer' :lol:
Peter Snow? Pah. We have our own snowy who has promised to deliver interactive graphs, region based supporter level penetration map and instead of a picture of the house of commons filling up with blue or red representing the two parties, we'll have a representation of the holte stand filling up with er.....claret or blue(?) representing the stay or go factions.

I was taking the **** piss Gringo, as I suspect you are.

Sorry, how is this scientific experiment going to work?

I've voted to keep him.

Suppose I change my mind?

I can't go to the poll and take back my vote and go the other way, can I?

So how are you going to measure shifts in opinion?

You are not allowed to change your mind. Alternatively....
Will repeat the poll on a weekly basis until we get bored or he is replaced.

I want a MONometer!!! Interactive live VT...will I have to press the red button on my Sky remote??

I have som reservationa regarding his tactics, team selection, transfer deals etc but we just cannot deny that we are a top 6 side again and he is the manager that took us their. For that reason alone I say keep him.

Why even consider getting rid of him?

He is building a good side and needs at least another 2 years to work at creating a solid ground to allow for natural turnover to occur and for star players to be brought in on top of a firm squad. We can't compete financially to fix things in one season but over the last 3 seasons I would argue that we are fixing the team compared to the position pre MON. Keep him and be patient.

Will repeat the poll on a weekly basis until we get bored or he is replaced.
:shock: :shock:

Think of it as an approval rating

At the moment he seems to have quite a high approval rating, higher than I thought it would be when I saw the poll

I think it is an interesting thing to monitor over the course of a manager's career

Needs a closing date though I think for each poll - I would suggest a Friday night, then immediately start the new one? personally speaking I would also ask a different question

Are you satisfied with Martin O'Neill's management of the football club? or something similar??

A short conversation with Randy Lerner would sort out a lot of the aggro between Villa fans. He would tell you categorically that Mon will be here for a long time. All that the Mon baiters and haters can do is bang their heads against Randys' and Mons brick wall, because Martin O'Neill is going nowhere. If those of you calling for Mons' head think that if you kick up enough fuss he will get upset and walk out on Villa, then you clearly don't know the man. You don't have to like Mon but you do have to accept that he is in this job for the longhaul. (imo of course)

A short conversation with Randy Lerner would sort out a lot of the aggro between Villa fans. He would tell you categorically that Mon will be here for a long time. All that the Mon baiters and haters can do is bang their heads against Randys' and Mons brick wall, because Martin O'Neill is going nowhere. If those of you calling for Mons' head think that if you kick up enough fuss he will get upset and walk out on Villa, then you clearly don't know the man. You don't have to like Mon but you do have to accept that he is in this job for the longhaul. (imo of course)

I don't think there is any mass organised campaign to get rid of MON, but there is now a lot larger feeling that MON is either unsuited for the job, has taken us as far as he can and is making too many mistakes. Hence the comments you see on this and other forums.

There is frustration and a lot of that is a carry on from the happenings of the last 6 months. Randy I am sure is looking at all of this, and I would hope that MON is doing likewise, not to pander to anyone who raises any sort of objections, but to ensure that the fanbases frustrations are at least heard and answered - and not by having a pop at them saying we are "moaning".

No man is bigger than the club, even Randy. But some are bigger than others