PL: sha a 2009/09/13 Match Thread 12:00

limpid

Completly disagree, his lack of mobility, means away from home, we'd struggle to more.

Alot of our good counter attacking play comes through Agbonlahor running either channels and then laying the ball back into midfield and attacking from areas deep in the opposition half. Also we went 10 unbeaten with Gabby upfront on his own last year and already 2 wins in two when he's upfront on his own in the league this season, why the hell would we change that?

Whilst I agree we should keep the same team, I am baffled at the moblity comment. Another striker in are team has a lack of mobilty which is why he ends up on the floor more often than not. Carew is very good on the ground and there is no evidence he can't work in a 4-5-1 because he has never played in that formation when starting for us I think.

Well it's just in a 4-5-1 formation, we play quite deep and our main attacks for me personally away from home seem to come from balls down the channels for Agbonlahor, who then lays the ball back into midfield and we build our attacks from there, we don't really move the ball well enough to build up our attacks slowly IMO, so we use Gabby as an outlet in the channels, it's abit different at home cause generally you play higher up pitch and less space in behind, meaning Carew would be easier suited at home in a 4-5-1, but away, I don't feel it suits us, that's all. As for Heskey, never said he could play in a 4-5-1???

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Dunne signs as expected he will play

I'm sure you are right, but I'd pick clark after the way he played on his debut, and I'd also pick Shorey after his last couple of games, but i dont suppose either will actually start

If Dunne signs as expected he will play

I'm sure you are right, but I'd pick clark after the way he played on his debut, and I'd also pick Shorey after his last couple of games, but i dont suppose either will actually start

agree Bozzy.

Shorey has done OK the last couple of games, but i have little faith in him, and MON seemingly doesn't either, judging by his failed loan move to pompeii.

I'm not sure on BinDunne. Clarke looked assured v Fulham, but away at the noses is a different proposition, I think if BD is fit and hungry and MON can work with him and Cuellar together for a bit, he might start with him.

Or possibly even Collins.

So back four i'd guess will be: Beye, Cuellar, BinDunne, Warnock.

Rest of the side, as you suggest.

Completly disagree, his lack of mobility, means away from home, we'd struggle to more.

Alot of our good counter attacking play comes through Agbonlahor running either channels and then laying the ball back into midfield and attacking from areas deep in the opposition half. Also we went 10 unbeaten with Gabby upfront on his own last year and already 2 wins in two when he's upfront on his own in the league this season, why the hell would we change that?

Whilst I agree we should keep the same team, I am baffled at the moblity comment. Another striker in are team has a lack of mobilty which is why he ends up on the floor more often than not. Carew is very good on the ground and there is no evidence he can't work in a 4-5-1 because he has never played in that formation when starting for us I think.

Well it's just in a 4-5-1 formation, we play quite deep and our main attacks for me personally away from home seem to come from balls down the channels for Agbonlahor, who then lays the ball back into midfield and we build our attacks from there, we don't really move the ball well enough to build up our attacks slowly IMO, so we use Gabby as an outlet in the channels, it's abit different at home cause generally you play higher up pitch and less space in behind, meaning Carew would be easier suited at home in a 4-5-1, but away, I don't feel it suits us, that's all. As for Heskey, never said he could play in a 4-5-1???

Yopur opinion fair enough and I agree Agbonlahor does this. I used Heskey as an example for a guy who lacks mobility, I was talking about Carew in the 4-5-1 sense.

I think if BD is fit and hungry and MON can work with him and Cuellar together for a bit, he might start with him..

Well, its international week

How much training will Dicky or even Jimmy The Undertaker be able to have with the lads before this one?

Clark and Cuellar, assuming there is no U-19 footy this week, can spend the next ten days working together

However, I think Dicky Dunne will get the nod, and probably the armband. If so, will be interesting to see what Stan's reaction is.

Definitly go with 4-5-1 and play like an away side. With it being a derby I can't see them sitting back. If they do, it'll probably end up as a draw and given we own the bragging rights due to 4 straight wins, I wouldn't cry if it finished that way. But I think they will attack us, playing to our strengths. Don't like making predictions for these games.

If Dunne signs I think the team will be:

GK: Friedel

LB: Shorey

CB: Dunne

CB: Cuellar

RB: Beye

LM: Young

CM: Sidders

CM: Petrov

CM: Reo-Coker

RM: Milner

FW: Gabby

Subs: Guzan, Collins, Warnock, Delph, Albrighton, Carew, Heskey

Not a bad squad at all IMO :)

We also will have Downing, Bouma, Davies, L Young, Gardner, Delfoneso and the kids as well :D... oh and not to mention SALIFOU!

Do not forget the hare :):)

.................................Friedel...................................

L Young............Clark..................Cuellar...........Shorey

...............Reo-Coker.....Sidwell......Petrov.................

Milner............................................................Young

.............................Agbonlahor...............................

subs: Guzan, Dunne, Warnock, Delph, Albrighton, Heskey, Carew

To me that's the obvious team. Although if any of our new signings do play at least they'll have had time to bed in. Birmingham look pretty useful to me at present but hmm, I don't know, they could struggle a bit on this occasion.

:lol:

I'd start with Gabby up front. He seems to do well at grounds where there's a strong smell of urine. Carew to come off the bench, Gabby to move to RM, Milner to RB, Beye to CB, Cuéllar to come off as we search for a 4th goal. I'm also hoping from an own goal. Agent Ridgewell again?

As for Heskey, never said he could play in a 4-5-1???

Fabio Capello thinks he can

England don't play 4-5-1 do they?

with Wayne Rooney in the side, it's never a 4-5-1, Rooney plays off Heskey, not even any resemblence to how we play.

Rooney plays wide left for England when Heskey is playing.

I think if BD is fit and hungry and MON can work with him and Cuellar together for a bit, he might start with him..

Well, its international week

How much training will Dicky or even Jimmy The Undertaker be able to have with the lads before this one?

Clark and Cuellar, assuming there is no U-19 footy this week, can spend the next ten days working together

However, I think Dicky Dunne will get the nod, and probably the armband. If so, will be interesting to see what Stan's reaction is.

hmmmm. Good points Bozz-meister.

assuming both BinDunne and The Undertaker are both away with Ireland and wales, then surely MON must work with carlos and Cieran in training to have them ready for the SHA game, and start with thoase (or even Curt if he is "fit" and not having an op).

Centre Halves need time to bed in, IMO, and to play BD or Jimbo with carlos could be a mistake, iof they have had zero time to train and play together.

As to the armband bit, I have no doubt that MON will stick with Stan and NRC, in that order.

I would be shocked if BD got the armband, and very dissapointed.

Cam someone explain why Collins is called the Undertaker?

I just copied Bozzy. :oops: :lol:

I presume it's becuase he looks a bit like an undertaker?

Y'know. Tall and Pale. Very pale.

almost like he's one of the undead himself.

with Wayne Rooney in the side, it's never a 4-5-1, Rooney plays off Heskey, not even any resemblence to how we play.

No. Gerrard does. Walcott on the right, Barry and Lampard as central midfielders with Rooney playing off Heskey.

No. Gerrard does. Walcott on the right, Barry and Lampard as central midfielders with Rooney playing off Heskey.

Suggest you watch more closely tomorrow and on Weds if Emile plays (its a different formation when Heskey doesnt play)

England with heskey play 4-3-2-1, with up front Rooney left, Walcott right, Heskey at point, Barry, Gerrard and Fat Frank behind - actually a very similar formation to Villa

Cam someone explain why Collins is called the Undertaker?

Someone said he would be really scary looking if he was an undertaker, and so i started a campaign to get that as his nick. Hard Defenders and lead guitarists should have cool nicks imo

The Edge

The Undertaker

Slash

See?

So, if enough people call him the undertaker enough of the time it will stick ...