PL: Fulham h 2009/08/30 Match Thread ko 1600

limpid

No confident today. Not confident in the players, the team O'Neill will pick or the result that they will get not a nice feeling to have on a morning of a home game.

Totally the opposite to me then.

Confident in the players more than anything to get it right and make it three in a row. Confident he will pick the right side, just as he did against Liverpool and (imo) Rapid.

Confident they will prove us wrong, again.

Come on you Lions....

I would start Shorey too to be fair. I think we might need a wee bit more creativity going forward and I've been impressed with him recently on that score.

Yep not been his biggest fan but he has done well last few games. Would be unfair on him to throw Warnock straight into the team.

Would be unfair on him to throw Warnock straight into the team.

Yeah, pretty much. He's come back from the dead, dropping him would likely smash his confidence to oblivion and end his Villa career beyond doubt.

That said, we should start the player more likely to get us a result. Today I think that would be Shorey. I won't have a fit if he goes with Warnock mind, he's a much better player long term.

Yeah, pretty much. He's come back from the dead, dropping him would likely smash his confidence to oblivion and end his Villa career beyond doubt.

That said, we should start the player more likely to get us a result. Today I think that would be Shorey. I won't have a fit if he goes with Warnock mind, he's a much better player long term.

Agree. Shorey was very good at Anfield.

Agree. Shorey was very good at Anfield.

Agreed and it's not like he was up against somebody who would give him an easy game, Kuyt literally runs for 90 minutes.

I think we should try the christmas tree formation at home, something along the lines of..

--------------------Freidal------------------

Beye-------Cuellar-----Davies------Shorey

-------Delph----Petrov-----Reo-coker------

------------Milner---------Young-------------

--------------------Carew--------------------

Doesnt have to be those players as everybody has different opinions on starting line-ups, this is just an example. But it doesnt mean changing from 4-5-1 away from home to 4-4-2 at home. The only real difference is that young and milner are more central than when we are away from home.

In my opinion I think this could work quite well for us at home, obviously some people my disagree. Young and Milner could still get out wide when required and players like Delph could easily be swapped with the likes of Sidwell/Gardner, Carew for Heskey/Agbonlahor etc without to much disruption to the team/formation even when we revert to 4-5-1...

Will be 4-4-2 IMO, I think he will pick

Freidel, Beye, Cuellar, Davies/Lowry, Warnock, Young, Petrov, Reo-Coker/Sidwell, Milner, Carew, Gabby

Not the team I'd pick, but hey ho

AS they've been away in russia this week we should have a leg up, but they are tough buggers defensively

Close game, not many goals

1-0 to us?

Bit worried about what formation to play today, the 4-3-3 makes sense, it's what suits us but against a happy to defend and defensively solid Fulham? I'm not sure. Then again, the 4-4-2 is usually hopeless anyway, although I'd like to see NRC in there.

As for the LB position, Warnock is better at going forward and defending than Shorey, but I'll feel for Shorey a bit, decent performances lately as well.