Quick Poll : what kind of supporter/fan are you ?

pamparius

what kind of supporter/fan are you ?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. what kind of supporter/fan are you ?

• season ticket holder
    • regular match attender, say 12+ a season
    • go maybe 5 times a season
    • don't go at all, bit of an armchair fan

I've always distinguished fans as casual followers who come and go and supporters as just that, supporting the team by going and giving them support

Come and go in their support or in attending games? There is a distinct difference and Bully sums it up for me in that you can be as ardent a 'fan' as anyone yet not get to a game for whatever reason you personally have.

I've always distinguished fans as casual followers who come and go and supporters as just that, supporting the team by going and giving them support

Come and go in their support or in attending games? There is a distinct difference and Bully sums it up for me in that you can be as ardent a 'fan' as anyone yet not get to a game for whatever reason you personally have.

Tubby? :winkold:

A way of looking at it is that I am a fan yet my Dad is a supporter and has been for 60 years. He went as a lad with his Uncle when he lived in the Midlands, but now he can't attribute the time to it and gets all his information through me when he needs it. It doesn't mean he is any less of a follower, just that he doesn't care as much about it as I do. There are many cases as this and that includes people who care more than I do and can't get there i.e overseas fans etc.

I watch from a couch, but that's only because I live about 16000km away. I'd be a season ticket holder without doubt if I lived anywhere near Birmingham.

Generally I distinguish between fan and supporter by saying a fan is someone who follows the club, but a supporter supports the club financially by attending games on a fairly regular basis if they can, buying merchandise and generally doing what they can to support the club.

I just go to every home games and a season ticket holder, I also go aboard to watch foreign football matches but never Villa yet. In 2 years time I will start going to more away matched as I will be financial better off. Problem with my job I don't fancy travelling for an away match. I probably gone to 400+ home game and about 15 away games.

none of the above?

Suppose i'd be classed as an armchair supporter - but I live in Ireland!

I get over once or twice a year and I'd love to be in a position to hold a season ticket.

Up the Villa

This, although from Sweden, but still the same situation. Find it hard to be labelled armchair fan, though. :P

Same, although I'm from Copenhagen. Have supported Villa since 1980. Also find it hard to be classed as an armchairfan

me too, used to try get over every season when i lived in ireland but now in sydney nearly 3 years.. the worst part of livin here is missin the ball at normal times.... up at half 4 to watch the poo game yest, well worth it thou....

keep tellin my bird i wanna go to brum but she's havin none of it... she's a cockney

season ticket holder & have been for about 15 years, although currently living in Germany so haven't been able to get to as many games as I would like recently but I still make about 5-10 games per season! If we can make it into the Europa league & they draw some Germans teams, maybe I can beat this number!!!

ST holder from ireland (carlow)... ryanair usually always have cheap flights to birmingham so make its so handy and then the train to VP. usually pick up flights for around €50 return. and the euro is very strong for us against sterling, works out cheaper than a night out here.dont get over for every game but there is 2 of us so swap tickets if cant make a game. got to a few away games last season which were great.

I'm in the RAF and live in the North of Scotland so I don't really get the chance to go to matches. Managed 2 last season, Portsmouth at home, whilst I was in the Midlands on leave and Man City away when I was in the area on a course. Still get funny looks from the Jocks when walking around Elgin in my Villa shirt!

Living in Norway, there are not that many Villa games around to attend, really.

This fall I will be having my first trip over to Birmingham, though!

As a part time student, and part time musician there's not really that much money for the occational trip to Villa Park, tbh :P

Â