Quick Poll : what kind of supporter/fan are you ?

pamparius

what kind of supporter/fan are you ?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. what kind of supporter/fan are you ?

• season ticket holder
    • regular match attender, say 12+ a season
    • go maybe 5 times a season
    • don't go at all, bit of an armchair fan

Season ticket holder now for a while, since the 90's I think.

But pre-all seater you never needed a season ticket. I always used to pay on the day and stand on the Holte.

There were very few all ticket games back then, but I've got stubs from some that were.

Quite amusing to see tickets for Olbiyun B-lose and Man Ure at £1.00 each, and Barcelona in '78 at £1.30 :-)

Had a season ticket for a couple of years but I am now a Seat Exchange fan. I go if I can grab a couple of cheap seats for me and a mate in the Lower North and when there is a spare season ticket going because a family member/friend can't make a game.

ST holder in Lower North, with some away games chucked in.

Got so disillusioned under Doug, so started stopping away more and more, that i couldent be bothered by the end of DoLS tenancy.

But im back in the fold, and here to stay.........and believe it or not, feel quite happy about the direction in which we are heading.

Up to a couple of years ago, I was option 3. These days, somewhere between options 3 and 4. Not quite totally armchair, but less than 4/5 games a season (only one last season).

I see quite a few of you stating that you do regularly or at least go to some away games every season. I realise it was £38 a ticket last night at Anfield but did anybody else find it slightly disappointing that we failed to sell out all of our 2,000 allocation?

I don't personally. I'd be more disappointed if people who'd wanted to / could go couldn't get a ticket.

I didn't go last night (can't afford it at the mo) but went last season, which we didn't sell out either.

I see quite a few of you stating that you do regularly or at least go to some away games every season. I realise it was £38 a ticket last night at Anfield but did anybody else find it slightly disappointing that we failed to sell out all of our 2,000 allocation?
I reckon it's the recession having an effect. I think we will see fewer fans travelling away to Premiership matches generally this season. It's a hell of an outlay, increasingly often at inconvenient times to suit the television coverage.

A regular. I never seem to find myself in a position to afford a season ticket lately. But I get to 10-12 home games on average, whatever home cup games there are and usually 2 or 3 away trips, although I missed out on that last season.

It's hard living on your own on crap money and something has to give. Sometimes it's Villa sometimes it's my mates. But I've just received a massive boost financially (touch wood) so I won't miss too many this year from now, if any.

A little. But it's a long way for a Monday night, it can work out very expensive and there is a recession on. What I find more disappointing is that we didn't sell out or first game of the season, but I'm not in a position to argue really.

It might be big headed, but I class myself as a proper fan. Yet I can't afford a season ticket, or I couldn't anyway. So I understand it.

Â