Curtis -8

Beye - 8

NRC -8

Milner -7

Petrov -7

Sidwell - 7

Ash -6

Gabby -6

Sorry Rob but Gabby worked his nuts off, as he usually does in a 451 and is worth more than 6. As is Stan for me. The rest are spot on though.

I'd still have Carew in his place though.

Carew up front with that team would be great.

That's if we ever see him again :-(

All the players get 10, and so does the Manager.

I do wonder if the general showed Pilchards post to Martin O'Neill and he gave a copy to each and everyone of the players, they all looked commited, determined and driven. WELL DONE, COME ON YOU LIONS!!!

demitri_c is a very, very happy villa fan tonight. unbelievable! credit where credit is due to mon after me as well as a large portion of this forum has slated him but this result and peformance was truely stunning. that diving cheat gerrard didnt get a sniff tonight and all torres was doing was moaning at the ref. glad the ref never fell for it.

delighted for two players in particular curt (As he was so close to not playing tonight) and NRC. NRC was complete player tonight. he ran the show. terrific really pleased for him. i couldnt pick a motm as there was two many outstanding performances, but i will half the motm awards for two particular players

friedel 10: Half MOTM the first five minutes he looked all over the place and we was lucky not to be losing within first 30 seconds. but after that he was unbelievable. terrific save stonight

beye 8: first time i ahve seen him properly was very impresssed with him keep it up son

shorey 8: i have been one of his fierest crititics but tonight top draw

cullear 7: amde a couple errors but was solid definately imrpoving. well done carlos

curt 9: terrific has bene up and down this year but this was him at his best. took the gaol well and was a beast. well done, keep it up.

petrov 7: thought he did ok but still doesnt seem 100% to me

sidwell 8: great stuff from sidders today similar to arsenal away last year. but he needs to do this consistently

NRC 10: Half MOTM all i have to say is WOW he was intense a absolute beast. he has to start week in and week out. i think he should be our captain as well personally. well done Nig terrific performance

young 7.5: thought he did well whipped some good balls in but he can produce better

milner 8.5: worked really hard definately an improvement from his alst two games

gabby 9: gabby really looked sharp today. worked hard chasing balls, this is what i like to see

again well done mon for this result now lets go onto villa park and defeat vienna and qualify for europa group stages

SO SO Proud. Sat in a pub full of Liverpool fans with my shirt on with pride. Always go with the shirt in but tonight was special.

Thought the defence was Superb. Special mention to Shorey, he's been shit most of the time but tonight i thought he was excellent. Beye played very well and Friedel was also excellent. We're still very short at the back though and Warnock and two centre halves will be very much needed.

NRC, what can i say. 100% the best man on the field. Never stopped all night and when playing with Petrov and Sidders they were a very solid unit. I thought Milner played well and although Ash was quiet i thought he did what MON asked which was keep Johnson quiet. Which he did.

Agbonlahor didn't do anything wrong, he never played up front really.

Yes we were lucky for the first goal but no one can deny we didn't deserve the win.

Get in there and up the VILLA.

P.S, Please sign a creative midfielder, LB, 2 CB's and a 20 goal a season striker. You have 7 days.

Brilliant result and thoroughly deserved. I've been saying it for a while, and I was completely vindicated tonight, Davies and Cuellar are good defenders who, for whatever reason, had not clicked together. I'm not saying that we shouldn't buy another CB, I just think that if we continue to play those guys they will get better and better.

Only player I was a little disappointed with tonight was Petrov, in the last 20 minutes he just seemed to stop closing down, thankfully NRC and Sidwell kept going the whole 90 mins.

BTW - the pathetic talk of Gabby coming back 'fat' was made to look pretty stupid by a)Gabby's work ethic tonight and b)him taking his shirt off at the end! Sod the supposed talk of him letting himself go in the close season, he's obviously been working out very hard.

Seems we got a lot of green rubbed tonight, I mean an own goal and a penalty (though I hear that was nailed on). Stats all against us, friends tell me liverpool were the better team for most of the game (which the facts reflect) though unfortunately I couldnt see the game as I was on a place at the time...

...but who cares, I'll take me some of that, these are the ways in which top sides win away games generally.

All I want is for villa to be winning and tonight they did just that, I want something to lift the boys and not make them feel they are stuck in a rut. Put them on the up going into the game against that horrible other team of the fine city of birminigham.

Its far from papered over the cracks, 2 in 17 is still in the back of my mind and all the problems of the transfers but that doesnt stop me celebrating like hell a good win for the boys, after all we just want villa to be winning games right? :)

My night, the match, in the pub, in my Villa shirt: 10

Rating for how satisfying it was to rub my scouse mate's nose in it (and all the random other 'scousers' out at the pub): 10

Rating for how much they disliked me by the end of the game: 10

Rating for Lucas (aka - 'Agent Laursen, is that you? I'd recognise that hairdo any day.'): 10

Rating for being able to talk some impressionable American girls who were interested in 'sahker' through the finer points of the game and exactly how we were the superior team within earshot of my scouse mate: 10

Chopper Gerrard: 10

FSW moaning at the 4th official after we scored off the corner: 10

4-5-1: 11. THANK GOD!

Just got in from the match and I was loving every second of it. I was sitting amongst the Liverpool supporters in the Kop, so I had to keep celebrations to a minimum. Their faces were priceless though, as was their reaction to losing. All they kept doing was blaming the ref, despite the fact that he made many odd choices both ways. One decision he certainly got right was the penalty!

Anyway, I thought the lads performed really well. Yet, some of the credit has to go down to Liverpool aswell for playing so badly and for missing so many chances. I thought our lads showed so much heart though. They ran their legs off and worked so hard with and without the ball. The biggest thing that I loved abut the match was how confident we looked on the ball and the fact that our passing looked good for most of the match. We were like a different team from the Wigan match. That one was hell to sit through, along with the train journey back. This match tonight was a pleasure to sit through though. The Kop was a funny place to be.

Finally, I just want to say that I won't be getting too carried away with this result and I hope MON doesn't use this as an excuse not to get more faces in. We still weren't brilliant, and if Liverpool had taken their chances then we may well have lost. Although to be fair, we did what we set out to do. We defended well and hit them on the counter attack.

Forget it, I can't be bothered to get into the negatives. I'm going to enjoy this brilliant result. Well done to the lads tonight and what a turnaround. I'm so happy! The lads proved me wrong and got the win. UTV!

Friedel - 9

Shorey -8

Carlos -8

Curtis -8

Beye - 8

NRC -8

Milner -7

Petrov -7

Sidwell - 7

Ash -6

Gabby -6

Sorry Rob but Gabby worked his nuts off, as he usually does in a 451 and is worth more than 6. As is Stan for me. The rest are spot on though.

I'd still have Carew in his place though.

Carew up front with that team would be great.

That's if we ever see him again :-(

i keep saying it, carew wouldnt have got much change out of carra and skrtl IMO they are both very much suited to his game and very good at it too

Headed home from work for a couple of hours to watch the game and was it work i. :D Boys worked so hard for one another and were mighty in defence. Been saying for a season now that NRC should be center midfield now matter how bad his passing. The drive he shows spreads to the team; now there is a leader for you.

My bro who is a Pool supporting is going to get a call tomorrow; would wake him tonight that would be just mean. ;) And there was he trying to tell me we should trade Young for Lucas; glad I turned him down.

Get in there.

Seems we got a lot of green rubbed tonight, I mean an own goal and a penalty (though I hear that was nailed on). Stats all against us, friends tell me liverpool were the better team for most of the game (which the facts reflect) though unfortunately I couldnt see the game as I was on a place at the time...

I wouldn't say they really dominated at all. First half they were no better than us, second half we just defended incredibly and let them play in front of us.

100% penalty, Gerrard just took NRC out, no complaints from the Liverpool fans/players either.

I wouldn't say we were lucky by any means.

quite possibly one of the greatest victories in my life as a villa fan.......

plop were unbeaten in 31 at home and we hadnt won there in 8 years...a night for the record books!.....

everybody was superb tonight.....

milner and young are 2 of the hardest working wingers in the league and plop cudnt handle the fact that one minute they were defending in their own box and the next they were racing up field......

NRC was superb as was Petrov.....Sidwell had a good game but with Stan and Nigel in there i think we can afford to have someone more attack minded in Sidwells place....i would play the same team agianst Vienna but with Delph in Sidwells role.....

Petrov and NRC were superb at reading passes and intercepting the ball, Petrov did it on numerous occasions and then drew the foul for us to gain a bit of stability....

we just need a bit of flair in that CM position coz yet again all our play came from the wings...

well done boys and well done MON a massive result for us and what is a turning point for this club...

gonna sleep so so well tonight...and well done villa fans you were superb....plop fans were shit from the 1st minute

i didnt think we were that lucky, everything all over the pitch fell their way just not in the 6 yard box, the stats wont show it but alot of there shots were from miles out or straight at brad

and IMO they looked shit because torres looked uninterested, if he'd have been on form we could of been spanked but he was absolutely dire

the own goal was just one of them things and both of the 1st half goals were down to rafa's insistence of the stupid zonal marking, lucas' OG was probably because he had no idea who was running behind him