Goal Line Technology

ChrisVillan

Should we introduce Goal Line Technology?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should we introduce Goal Line Technology?

• Yes
    • No

Somebody had to ask, and it's a poll I'm afraid Uncle Robert.

I say YES, we should introduce GLT, but I think the strongest argument against is that laws stretch right across the game. Can we afford GLT at Sunday League pitches? Ummm...no.

Let the games begin.

But why should it be fair when nothing else is? Atleast if it's up to a ref to decide there will be some errors to cancel out predictability. The goals you remember are the great ones and the unfair ones. It creates discussion and lights passion. If it goes further you'll take away one good reason to passionatly hate Steve Bruce, although I'm sure we'll all manage fine.

Maybe I'm going about it the wong way, but I like that fact that sometimes is goes our way and sometimes it don't. I just wish they would stop favouring Manchester United.

The object of football is not to score goals, but to convince the officials that you have scored goals. And that is the same in the World Cup final or in your local school team games.

It all adds to footballs rich tapestry. Injustice? It's part of the game.

Take that goal spurs didn't score at Old Trafford last year - great! we'll talk about it for years.

Leave the game alone.

IMO one of the great things about footie is the human involvement. Emotions, right decisions, wrong decisions, complaints etc.

Its one of the few things in my daily life, that isnt computer run or technological advanced. I would like it to stay that way.

Kill the charm about football i could ;)

Rugby use technology to decide try's and there are several gadgets used in cricket to decide run out's and boundry decisions and stumpings. If these two sports which aren't major ones use technology why cant football. It took Curbisheley 30s to check a monitor why cant the fourth official that basically do nothing why cant they just be sitting infront of a monitor. Yes there will be no more controversy and no more discussions but if it means a fair result it has to be done.

I really Don't think theres any point in goal line technology. in rugby it might need to be used 2 or 3 times a game while in soccer it might not be even used 2 or 3 times a season.

That's part of my argument too. It won't be used that often, it won't ruin the game.

Â