EL: Rapid Vienna h 2009/08/27 Match Thread

limpid

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see 4-4-2 in this match. Would have been clueless to play 4-5-1 in these circumstances.

Absolutely agree. Of course we should be playing the same formation (and practically the same team) that lost to Wigan at Villa Park rather than the one that beat Liverpool at Anfield.

Hehe, so an all out attacking Liverpool does not warrant a different approach than an Euro Cup match against a team that will defend all match because they already are ahead of us? Well....

DD, most people agree with you.

Good to see 4-4-2 in this match. Would have been clueless to play 4-5-1 in these circumstances.

Absolutely agree. Of course we should be playing the same formation (and practically the same team) that lost to Wigan at Villa Park rather than the one that beat Liverpool at Anfield.

Hehe, so an all out attacking Liverpool does not warrant a different approach than an Euro Cup match against a team that will defend all match because they already are ahead of us? Well....

Oh no, I'm being ganged up on. :lol: Well Rapid are doing plenty of attacking so far. They certainly don't seem shy and are prepared to commit players forward.

everytime i see shorey get the ball, i cant help thinking "you should not be playing for aston villa"

Bit harsh if actually look him play he is a very good footballer, done nothing wrong for me, lay off him a bit.

A lot of ball retention but going nowhere, defenders need to come forward more and draw in their front two at the moment our midfield are coming far to back for it then get chalenged by the fron two instead of the midfield. Draw them in and get the ball to midfield against midfield who can then release the forwards

Come on!!!!!!!!

Oh no, I'm being ganged up on. :lol: Well Rapid are doing plenty of attacking so far. They certainly don't seem shy and are prepared to commit players forward.

:)

wasn't trying to gang up on you... i just think that your view is in the minority.