EL: Rapid Vienna h 2009/08/27 Match Thread

limpid

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going have faith in MON tonight, but, I do hope that he has the balls to change it around if things aren't working out tonight

What's the alternative if he doesn't? No more Europe! Basically the same side vs Malaga(Delph & Beye for Sidwell and Lichaj) and we looked proper shit in that tbh!

Don't change a winning side. Especially not into a side that looked bloody awful against Wigan the other week. It feels like one step forward 2 steps back here with Heskey starting up front in a 4-4-2.

:evil:

Don't change a winning side. Especially not into a side that looked bloody awful against Wigan the other week. It feels like one step forward 2 steps back here with Heskey starting up front in a 4-4-2.

Maybe MON wants to concentrate on the league :oops:

Can expect words to that effect if it goes tits up.

i think we'll be out of europe tonight folks..i have a bad feeling,the line up tonight also spells danger for me,i think we should go with the same formation as monday,but give Petrov or Sidwell a rest for Delph

MON has picked a team which he believes should be able to beat Rapid Vienna. Yes, he could pick the winning team from the other night, but; it doesn't matter how well we win, just as long as we do actually win. This lot should be able to do that!!

The extent to how awful we were is demonstrated by the fact that Wigan have lost all their matches since including a humiliating exit from the cup

MON has picked a team which he believes should be able to beat Rapid Vienna. Yes, he could pick the winning team from the other night, but; it doesn't matter how well we win, just as long as we do actually win. This lot should be able to do that!!

I believe it does matter how well we win at present. A bad result tonight and Liverpool will be quickly forgotten about. It's all about confidence and belief, and winning well would maintain the momentum picked up at Anfield ready for the Fulham game.

We'll win this game. As soon as we go two up, we'll revert to 4-5-1 and contain them, they really didn't look very good and we've got nothing to fear here.

(See my strategy? Say stuff confidently and gloat when we win, lose and don't log on for a few days!)

I just worry when i see Petrov and Delph as the only CM's.

Petrov becomes something of a liability in a 4-4-2 for me. And Delph is still learning the 'trade' some and will make mistakes. Bit of a dangeroues pairing for me.

Come on Villa. Hurries off to look for a feed..

We'll win this game. As soon as we go two up, we'll revert to 4-5-1 and contain them, they really didn't look very good and we've got nothing to fear here.

(See my strategy? Say stuff confidently and gloat when we win, lose and don't log on for a few days!)

Vienna didn't look very good but we couldn't beat them, whereas, Everton and Fulham won their first legs comfortably as we shouold have in this round. We couldn't beat a poor wigan team. The players are good enough but in any formation accomodating HEskey we are terrible. I really hope I am wrong.

UTV