EL: Rapid Vienna h 2009/08/27 Match Thread

limpid

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big deal, Europa league isn't a priority for MON and Villa clearly judging by the way they played. I actually thinkgetting the distraction of europe out of the way is a good thing. Our squad is nowhere near the strength it needs to be to fight out the league and 3 cups. Does anyone honestly think that if we'd progressed that it would attract any decent players to us? IMO europa league is mickey mouse to any big name signings, so if that's the kind of player we want to bring in, its gotta have to be CL qualification. Europa league is a waste of time and effort.

This.....I hope.

bollocks to you o'neill. i said 10 minutes before vienna scored he has to change it asap as we are welcoming them into the game but he does sod all

offically heskey should never start a game for us absolutely useless

I was saying the same thing... we needed to change it up

Petrov was getting caught out, he looked tired after all that running tonight

Carew, although he scored didnt do much else

I dont really mind going out of this cup as its a massive strain of the club to travel aboard HOWEVER MON better well get us pass the semi's of one of the domestic cups at least this season!

I'm more worried about Davies than anything else.

This! I thought he played well considering his one shoulder is locked!

Ashley Young & Milner played well tonight...

Shame couldn't have buried our chances!

I think the abuse to Heskey for THIS game is injust, from the game I watched, everything that went into him stuck, he brought people into play and provided a good link, especially in the second half between midfield and forwards and brought the wingers into the game.

I thought his contribution is going completly un-noticed. John Carew did okay but scored, but let's be honest, he lost the ball too many times upfront, lack of fitness?

O'Neill should of brought him off at 2-0 for Agbonlahor and brought Reo-Coker on also.