EL: Rapid Vienna (a) - Ratings and reactions.

OutByEaster?

So people people what did you think of the 4-5-1 , annoyingly cause they scored so damn early i felt it sort of knocked us out of stride

I felt it was a better performance than on Saturday thats for sure 2 players thats struck out for me were NRC and Milner so much drive from them both and a never say die spirit

I am feelin a little better than on saturday but only a little we still lack numbers and quality , pull ya finger out MON

better than wigan but still poor. the opposition werent brilliant but we were worse.

a few nice periods in the first half where we actually passed the ball but as soon as we got to the final third clueless. our first shot on target was in the 75th minute by curtis davies!

talking of davies it seems hes done his shoulder again. it is clearly a problem that needs sorting as it is affecting his performances drastically.

but when the manager hasnt signed any defenders he has to play. MON has got an awful lot to sort out, and hes got to do it quick

:lol:

This was one of the most **** amazing football evenings I've had in years, this is why I love the European Cup so much.

I don't care what happens in Birmingham. Rapid beating a Premier League team is just too mind boggling to put into words, I have to go out drink another beer. ;)

:lol:

This was one of the most **** amazing football evenings I've had in years, this is why I love the European Cup so much.

I don't care what happens in Birmingham. Rapid beating a Premier League team is just too mind boggling to put into words, I have to go out drink another beer. ;)

Glad somebody enjoyed it!!

May as well have one for me while you are there...

Wank!

It's my b'day in 20 mins.. great **** present that is!!!

I feel realy down about the season... the way were playing we will be in a dogfight to finish mid-table!

COME ON MON SORT IT OUT FFS!!!

Certainly better than Saturday.

It wasn't in my opinion, if not worse atleast the same shitty performance as the Wigan game. It may have looked a bit better at times but we were playing a much worse team tonight.

Guzan - 6 - Looks solid.

Beye - 4 - Still not impressing me, and I don't think he will in the future either. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.

Davies - 3 - Don't know if it's his shoulder injury that causes it, but he really is awfull at the moment. We desperatly need one or two new CBs.

Cuellar - 4 - Average at best.

Shorey - 6 - I thought he had a very good game until the last half hour or so when he just didn't looked focused enough.

NRC - 4 - Not easy to be a CM in a team that only hoofs balls to the opposing defence.

Sidwell - 4 - Invisible, but same problem as above.

Gardner - 3 - He plays worse everytime I see him. Should play more simple and try to use his cannon of a shot more often.

Milner - 6 - Worked very hard as always but struggled to create anything.

Young - 5 - Same as Milner minus the workrate. Got better in the second half though.

Heskey - 3 - It can't be easy being a lone striker in this team at the moment, I'll give him that. But when the chances get to him he always seems to screw up one way or another. Terrible first touch on the ball tonight, and stop falling over 1000 times every game damn it!!

My Man of the Match goes to Milner. Even if he didn't have one of his best games today he tried and tried. Never stopped working and did a good job defensivly taking advantage of his strength.

We're going to get raped by Liverpool if we play like this.

If people think this is 'shit' then I dread to think what they think when we have more Wigan-like performances!

Poor performance but not a terrible result. Play the first team, except for Guzan, in the 2nd leg, they clearly need more time together.

4-5-1 looked far sharper but would have been better with Gabby up front rather than Heskey.

I was encouraged by Ashley Young's performance - he looked to have a bit of variation in him today.

The main issue we seem to have is we don't really play as a cohesive unit. They seem to be 11 individuals just making it up as they go along rather than a team. I suspect one reason for this is the extra time off certain members of the squad were given - thay have only really been training together for a couple of weeks.