How many languages do you speak?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How many languages do you speak?

• Just the one..
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five or more...

I'm fluent in French, Irish and English.

I understand and can speak a little Spanish.

I learned German and Latin in school but don't have a word now.

So obviously I went for 5 plus

If you're British you don't really need to learn another language. Maybe if you want to work abroad, but if you plan on living in the UK and going other countries for holidays, theres no point.

Terrible attitude I know, but we British have it made in that most people countries have a good grasp of our language.

If you're British you don't really need to learn another language. Maybe if you want to work abroad, but if you plan on living in the UK and going other countries for holidays, theres no point.

Terrible attitude I know, but we British have it made in that most people countries have a good grasp of our language.

There are lots of places where people don't speak a word of english.

English and very basic French for me. I used to be quite good at french but haven't studied or spoke it for about 7 years so I'd be very rusty now. If I toook a couple of lessons or spent some time in France I'd pick it up fairly quickly again I hope.

Would love to learn Spanish.

There are lots of places where people don't speak a word of english.

And there are also lots of places where, although their English may be fine, the 'terrible attitude' will mean they (quite understandably in my opinion) choose not to demonstrate this ability (see southern France for an example).

Only English fluently. My French is alright but since everyone speaks English at work/when I'm out, it's not that important to know fluently.

I also did Spanish and German to GSCE but I'm pretty rusty at those now, and I know a bit if Swedish as well.

My last girlfriend tried to teach me Icelandic - that's one difficult language!

English, and grammatically awful but workable French. Little bit of Italian, Spanish and German. Managed surprisingly well with Greek (including reading it) after a quick self-teach course. Did Latin at school and hated it but now very glad I did it as it really helps with understanding modern European languages (not least English). Did once try Czech for a trip to Prague but found it utterly impossible.

Â