Team Colours/Badge/Image

JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Should we consider updating our image based on traditional foundations?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Should we consider updating our image based on traditional foundations?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • It's only a bloody kit and badge FFS!!!

I still like the shield. I like the current badge. I seem to be in small minority, though internet forums seem to have a disproportionate amount of people who dont like it.

I agree, it's really grown on me. It's much, much better than the old stripey shield, and is a classical and timeless design.

You think people getting us confused with West Ham is bad in England? Try moving to Australia. Before MON took over and we started to move up the table, I don't think anyone had heard of Aston Villa, despite the fact that Bosnich played for us.

No, don't change a thing. Would Liverpool stop wearing red because Arsenal and Man United do? Never. It's silly.

Are you Steve Sidwell? Never a good look - Claret and Ginger. Die your hair - the kit looks fine.

Not a big fan of round necks mind, prefer a V with a collar personally, although I do quite like the new Chelski kit with a zip?

On the other hand, I have to say that the new Man U kit with the V on looks naff IMO, and this is a good example of what starts to happen when you mess with kits and try to get creative.

No. Just because one person is stupid enough to confuse our kit with a West Ham rag is surely no reason to change anything.

When the the club were looking at a new badge I personally wanted to revert to our traditional one, the shield, as displayed on the old Trinity Road stand. The new one is fine and I am happy with it.

We have previously tried different kits like stripes and all claret (well pink!) and 99.99999% of those offering views in previous seasons wanted the traditional look - and rightly so - bugger the kit stealers we know we are the original and the best.

I actually really do like our new kit. I just wish we could send a mob message over to Burnley etc and tell them to **** off with the claret blue sleeves etc. Maybe just being picky.

Very picky. That's their kit as much as it is our kit. Just because we were the first doesn't mean no-one else can have the same colours. It's a compliment really that people do have the same.

No. Just because one person is stupid enough to confuse our kit with a West Ham rag is surely no reason to change anything.

When the the club were looking at a new badge I personally wanted to revert to our traditional one, the shield, as displayed on the old Trinity Road stand. The new one is fine and I am happy with it.

We have previously tried different kits like stripes and all claret (well pink!) and 99.99999% of those offering views in previous seasons wanted the traditional look - and rightly so - bugger the kit stealers we know we are the original and the best.

One person? Seems to me as if quite a few people who live outside or who have lived outside the West Midlands have had the same problem (but only if you read the thread). I'm sure this is because of the historical importance of West Ham and all those leagues they won in the 1920s, 1950s and 1980s.
I like the fact that Nike seem to realise that Claret is dark red, not light purple.

I like the new badge.

I like claret body, blue sleeves. Our new kit is lovely, if a little similar to last years.

Re the colour, oh dear yes, spot on. The badge doesn't bother me - better than the last one, not as good as the round one or the one they wore in the 1957 Final and for years afterwards.
Are you Steve Sidwell? Never a good look - Claret and Ginger. Die your hair - the kit looks fine.

I couldn't agree more. Maybe for this reason he should only be allowed to play in away matches.

West Ham, Burnley, Scunthorpe and anyone else can change their colours for all I care, we were the first to wear them! they are OUR colours.

Don't forget Colwyn Bay... and Hillmorton (Rugby) FC who play in Claret and Blue.

If we go for stripes, please let it be better than that awful ASICS 'Muller' kit. (Actually, Bordeux won a European trophy wearing that shirt as well as us winning the League Cup). I wasn't actually a fan of our FA Cup Final shirt in 2000 - the thick stripes. Not sure what the solution is there.

I think the best kit of recent times (showing my age here) was our 1992-93 lace up kit. I thought that looked really, really smart. If you want retro, that is the way to go for me.

Otherwise, the first Reebok kit we had in 1995-96 was very special. Nice collar, and the 'imprint' into the shirt pattern. A really cool shirt that has never (IMO) been surpassed.

When we re-branded, I was hoping for a return to the circular badge. That was our best badge. If we ever change the badge again, I would like to see that (or a close approximation of it) return.

Happy with the current kit and badge (for now).

NO MORE turquoise or yellow kits for away. Either all white with claret and blue light trim, or the 1995-96 away shirt style please.

AND - West Ham should change their colours to all over white in penance for what they did to us at VP last season.

I like the fact that Nike seem to realise that Claret is dark red, not light purple.

I like the new badge.

I like claret body, blue sleeves. Our new kit is lovely, if a little similar to last years.

Can't argue with that.

I think this seasons kit is the best we've had from Nike imho.

I like both the kit and the crest - a lot!

We have the classiest kit (home, away and training) that I've know of in my life time. I remember wearing my kit with pride as a kid, but deep down I knew it was a crap design, with a crap sponsor and was made by a crap company (but the colours were good). The one we have now is even better than last seasons, which was a world away from anything I've know. I can still wear my Villa top with pride but with no reservations at all, and I'm extremely grateful to the current board for this.

The crest; (I'll probably get crucified for this) I like the round one, but only because it's Villa, it symbolises a proud part of our history and it's retro-cool, as a piece of design I prefer the current one, maybe because I'm a graphic designer I look for different things than the majority. The stripey one doesn't even come into it.

Thank you Randy

Why change the most beautiful colour combination in the world? Claret and blue belong together like salt and pepper, or fish and chips.

Aston Villa play in claret and blue, simple as. If a few Cockneys and Australians are too stupid to recognise this, so what.

The colours represent Aston to me, as much as the club. From the claret and blue bridge at Witton Station, to the claret and blue gas holders.

Â