Who do you honestly think we will sign?

Kenye

How many players will we sign before the transfer window closes?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How many players will we sign before the transfer window closes?

Ok so we need players, and we have been linked with just about everyone but i just wondered who everyone thought we will actual sign before the close of the window?

MON said ages ago he wanted 5 players and that was after downing signed, also wanting to replace anyone leaving.

So that to me means he will sign 3 players before the close of the window.

I personal think after todays Upson news, if 12m is the correct bid then we will get him.

I also think Warnock will be a Villa player by this time next week for around 6m

And thirdly i think we will sign Sol Campbell and Lucas Niell on free transfers.

Shorey and Harewood to leave,

and then on Deadline day i expect MON to have loads of late bids rejected and us to not sign anyone else.

Im personally dont think this will be good business except for Upson and Warnock but at least getting these players in is better than nothing.

How many players do u think we will sign?

Ok so we need players, and we have been linked with just about everyone but i just wondered who everyone thought we will actual sign before the close of the window?

MON said ages ago he wanted 5 players and that was after downing signed, also wanting to replace anyone leaving.

I personal think after todays Upson news, if 12m is the correct bid then we will get him.

I also think Warnock will be a Villa player by this time next week for around 6m

And thirdly i think we will sign Sol Campbell and Lucas Niell on free transfers.

and then on Deadline day i expect MON to have loads of late bids rejected and us to not sign anyone else.

Im personally dont think this will be good business except for Upson and Warnock but at least getting these players in is better than nothing.

Kenye, the average age of your 6 predictions is 28

and your point is?

please tell me you didnt just sit there wasting your time fnding that out lol

and your point is?

Yes, It took me about 10secs in my head to figure out.

Right now we have 6 first-team players(when fit) who are 30+ and a few round 28.

The media keeps saying we're a youthful side. It's horseshit. With your suggested signings we'll have to outfit the whole team again in 2-3 years at what expense?

I think we might just see 2/3.

Warnock for £7m would be a good bit of business. A decent LB to replace Shorey at the moment is a must.

Upson would be a good player. Im not so sure £12m should be considered value for money because of his age but hey I think most of us are past being picky and he stinks of a plan B signing to me.

Finally, I really do think we will see another midfielder. Hopefully VDV makes his mind up soon either way. Either get him or move on as he is likely plan A. an unlikely one but I live in hope. After all he has apparently suggested he prefers being a big fish in a small pond than a minnow at sea.... And if we don't get him, well I'd love to think MON has someone else ready as a plan B.

Fingers crossed!!

and your point is?

Yes, It took me about 10secs in my head to figure out.

Right now we have 6 first-team players(when fit) who are 30+ and a few round 28.

The media keeps saying we're a youthful side. It's horseshit. With your suggested signings we'll have to outfit the whole team again in 2-3 years at what expense?

Upson has god 4/5 good years left in him yet,

Warnock has 5/6/7 years

3 of the players we have already signed

and campbell and niell would be free so no expense.

We might not have a youthful side as our starting 11 but we do have some very good young prospects.

I think one, when the window shuts we will hear another fairy tale that the other players weren't available in this window but January will be better etc.

Is that you Martin? LOL 100% see where your coming from but i think we will get at least 3, otherwise alot of fans will not be happy and im sure they will vioce their opinion when we get knocked out in the first rounds of the cups and mid table in the league.