Who has the best ground (WorldWide)

mansonAVFC

Who has the best ground (worldwide)?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the best ground (worldwide)?

• Old Trafford (England)
    • El Monumental (Argentina)
    • Estadio Aztec (Mexico)
    • Estadio da luz/Stadium of light (Portugal)
    • Nou Camp (Barcelona)
    • Allianz Arena (Germany)
    • San Siro (Italy)
    • Santiago Bernabeu (Spain)
    • Stadio Delle Alpi (Italy)
    • Yokohama International Stadium (Japan)

The new Wembley will be spectacular of that I have no doubt. Having visited the Nou Camp for the tour I must say it is awe inspiring even when empty as mentioned above. Might get to a game there this season as my mum and dad have brought a place in Spain.

I've also voted for the Nou Camp , went there last Monday and did the tour , its a superb stadium shame the tour was a bit crappy .

Its wasnt like are tour where someone leads you round and tells you interesting things and gives indepth info on are history. On the Barca tour you follow arrows around the ground and they have people standing round every where so that if you want to know some info you have to ask them . But there trophy room is pretty impressive though they charge you 10 euros to have your picture took with the European Cup (robbing buggers) not suprisingly when i was aksed if i wanted my picture took with it i replyed rather cocky "why when i can go to my Villa and have it done for free" oh and of course i was wearing my Villa top at the time ,hehe.

Why has nobody in these other countries heard of the Villa , do people not know what we've achieved in are history ? Bloody foreigners

Why has nobody in these other countries heard of the Villa , do people not know what we've achieved in are history ? Bloody foreigners

every time I think of Barcelona I can't help but think of Basil Fawlty smacking Manuel around the head and explaining

"He's from Barcelona you know ;)"

and Manual replying "Meeester Fawwwwlty, Que? !"

Until we have won the Champions League a few times I doubt that any one in Spain will know who we are. I hope by then we will be rid of our awful Hummel Shirts and have signed with a quality equipment supplier.

The consolation is that Chelski fans would get a similar treatment when wearing their shirts abroad. A lot of people would mistake them for Frenchmen ! Oui? !

Also have to agree with the Nou Camp!

It’s not only the actual stadium but the sense of history primarily coming from the museum and trophy room. I left there with the opinion that if I ever make it as a pro (time is ticking as I am 30 in 4 days, the same day as Juampi turns the same magical number) I would consider Barcelona the greatest team outside villa to play for!

1 thing I noticed which summed up the passion there is that amongst all the grandiose trophys and gold framed pictures in the museum someone had actually scrubbed out the face of Figo with a compass...brilliant!

Guest barçachris

It has everything, a top club team, one of the best cities in the world, great seating (just try the top tier and look at the view), great weather, good set of faans to sit against and just the best out..

Agree with most you say there Ian, but have to disagree on the fans thing. They are, without doubt, the most miserable, ungrateful bunch of whingers you're ever likely to come across. They very rarely get behind the team, and prefer to whistle the odd decision that goes against them, or the misplaced pass in a series of 25 than actually give their side some encouragement. As a consequence the atmosphere is terrible. You can hear a pin drop when they're not booing the ref. I used to go a few times a season, but don't bother now as I only find myself getting wound up by their attitude.

As far as the stadium goes, I'd say the San Siro beats Camp Nou. Inside they are equally as spectacular, but externally the San Siro wins hands down. The 12 (I think) towers and the red iron framed roof of the San Siro are stunningly beautiful, whereas Camp Nou looks more like an NCP Car Park from the outside.

Pictures I've seen of the Allianz Stadium lead me to believe that it would beat all of them when fully illuminated.

Â