1. 1. Who should be our captain?

• Davies
    • L. Young
    • Petrov
    • Sidwell
    • NRC
    • Carew
    • Milner

I can only conclude that the 25 people who voted for Petrov didn't watch the Malaga, Atlante, and Wigan game to see how painfully there was no leadership on the field. Also they must be unaware of his troubles with depression. How can you rely on someone to lead when they're prone to curl up in the foetal position when life gets tough(not maligning depression or anyone suffering from it but not an ideal problem for a leader to have).

I can only conclude you like making up things to provoke people into reacting (I suggest you read the new announcement). When exactly was Petrov suffering from depression? Was this diagnosed or did you make it up based on the fact he said he didn't have a very good time when he first got here because of all the fans on his back. To come back from that and be player of the year last year shows exactly why he's captain material, didn't give up and demand a transfer, got stuck in and rolled up his sleeves, came out a winner - captain material indeed

And please don't make up unsubstantiated rubbish about players suffering from psychiatric disorders

I can only conclude that the 25 people who voted for Petrov didn't watch the Malaga, Atlante, and Wigan game to see how painfully there was no leadership on the field. Also they must be unaware of his troubles with depression. How can you rely on someone to lead when they're prone to curl up in the foetal position when life gets tough(not maligning depression or anyone suffering from it but not an ideal problem for a leader to have).

You've mentioned this depression thing a few times now in this thread.

Where did you hear this? Not something I was aware of...

whats with all the pointless pictures?

this club needs a captain, a leader

Because this is the 459th "Captain" thread in the last few months.

Making light of it is far better than saying "for ****'s sake, not ANOTHER captain thread you sad bastard".

I can only conclude you like making up things to provoke people into reacting (I suggest you read the new announcement). When exactly was Petrov suffering from depression? Was this diagnosed or did you make it up based on the fact he said he didn't have a very good time when he first got here because of all the fans on his back. To come back from that and be player of the year last year shows exactly why he's captain material, didn't give up and demand a transfer, got stuck in and rolled up his sleeves, came out a winner - captain material indeed

And please don't make up unsubstantiated rubbish about players suffering from psychiatric disorders

He spoke of it in his biography during his time at Celtic. Maybe he made it up?

For me it is definitely Petrov.

It just seems as though a lot of these judgements have been made based on one competitive game this season, in which we fielded a team in which we had lost our two best players.

Stan will come good. He is respected by the players, and his performances last season showed he can lead by example. But we still need a leader in the defence, for the defence. And we don't have that right now.

Maybe you should do a little research before accusing people of making things up and read your own rules, in Petrov's Book, Stan/ Petrov recounts his attempts to deal with his 'depression and frustration' by 'lying on the living room floor and beating the floorboards until my hands couldn't take any more..."

Soulja Boy who can't pass?! I know most here are just fifteen, but have none of you ever been in a team!?

I have done loads of coaching and played in many teams.

NRC may not be the most technical player but has great leadership skills. (This isn't school football where your best player is also the captain.)

If he hasn't then how come he was the premiership's youngest captain (I think Cesc Fabregas has now taken this mantra)? Captain of England U21 at the age of 19?

Hmm but no your right I have never been in a team and dont know what makes a good captain.

NRC should be captain since he is a natural leader and drives the whole team forward IMO

He captained in the Peace Cup and he really impressed so I'd keep the same captain

By the way mikeyp102, I think Cattermole is now the youngest captain because he captained Boro against Villa when he was 17 or 18

He cried after we thrashed them

Nobody really stands out do they? I would have said Curtis Davies but he needs to concentrate on his own form.

So i'll go with Reo-Coker, get him back in the side, 4-5-1, I think we need someone in there with a bit of drive, enthusiasm and passion, things have gone a bit flat, having someone like him in the side, could give the players lift?

Nobody really stands out do they? I would have said Curtis Davies but he needs to concentrate on his own form.

So i'll go with Reo-Coker, get him back in the side, 4-5-1, I think we need someone in there with a bit of drive, enthusiasm and passion, things have gone a bit flat, having someone like him in the side, could give the players lift?

Amen.

Disagree. NRC has nearly half the votes which looks like he is the stand out candidate to me. Get him in MON.

Â