535 members have voted

1. 1. Should O'Neill stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always look at to Fergie when people start calling for a managers head. He didn't do anything for three years but build a group of youngster "that you can't win anything with!" Then all of a sudden one cup triumph and the rest is history. What he is building is a future so let's so looking some much at today. Yes I don't agree with his tactics and I hope he smart enough to see where he is going wrong. If at Christmas we are struggling in the bottom half then my view might change. At the moment he needs to stay and see if he can bring that glory he certainly wants for the Villa.

Oh what a great time to have a poll when emotions are high after a bad display. This poll is pointless and seriously people need to calm down, it's one defeat. There are 37 games left and Everton just got slaughtered, people calm down.

Seriously, calm down. It was just one game.

Bad 2nd half of season. Tremendous Peace Cup. Decent performance against Fiorentina. Dire today.

Martin O'Neill, hero to zero, eh? We might do well to sleep on it. I have no more wish that O'Neill goes than I have that we get a richer owner.

Stay. 100% stay. And no more of this new manager every 3 or 4 years. One bloody match. DOL was right.

Fist you write "Bad 2nd half of the season"..and then you end it all up with "One bloody match"?

Fickle my arse! You deserve credit when due...and you deserve criticism in the very same way. MON has had three seasons to build a strong side. He has now a very thin squad lacking almost everything!

Leaving NRC out was his biggest mistake today, why did he do it?

.... because he is a stubborn spiteful bastard..... and that is where all the rumours of losing the dressing room are coming from..... because a lot of the players disagree with his team selections.

not least Gareth Barry is well pleased he is away from him.

Well I have been skimming through the comments on this topic and I have to say that despite agreeing with alot of the arguments to kick mon out I personally would wait untill the end of the window and and least 10 games played untill we look at replacing him . Afterall it seems alot of people have chosen to forget that we have been progressing upwards under him .

Believe you me i would be the first to say mon is not what id call the sharpest manager when it comes to transfers , but somtimes ..no actually most of the time we fail to see what goes on behind the scenes as to which players we went for and were rejected.

Anyway 10 games then lets see imo

I've already said one as well Tric

Frank Rikyeard or however you blinking spell it !.

How about Trapattoni - christ , if ireland can get him , although prob too old I admit

or Koemann - No 2 with Holland at the mo.

Or maybe, Houllier......

Or even , and get this.......................Sven !

or maybe , Maldini (paulo that is)

Not suggesting I want any of these (well Rikyeard I would - and I'd get his name right at some point) but you asked for names !.

And dont say they wouldn;t come to Villa coz as long as we matched their ambitions - they would - Premier league is where most want to manage, and god, if notts County can get Sven then quite frankly, if you think we cant attract a top name - you are daft !.

Come on everyone - he wants names - give him some !

I just don't understand some of you fans. Sure MON has work to do in the Transfer Windows but overall he is still a superb manager. I can't think of another manager that would do a better job then MON, and I think you'll struggle to find one that is unemployed (if we did have MOD replaced).

He still has my full support. Apart from starting Heskey, he didn't do anything wrong with the starting line up and substitutions. He has shown he can develop, train, and organize a winning team. That's not anything he has lost in the last few months, today we lost, but so did our rivals, Everton.

Meh, I don't know what to say other then I support the manager 110%.

A message to MON:

Don't worry about these fear mongerers, just keep on keepin on. ;)

THAT'S RIDICULOUS!!! How on gods earth have a third of people voted for MoN to go?

Remember where we were when MoN took over?

What a joke!!!! We have no divine right to be where we are in the scheme of things. We are up there with "the best of the rest".... What do you guys ****** expect? Go and support Newcastle, and see what happens to a club who demand success, and chop and change managers when they don't.

Pathetic

Rant over.

I've already said one as well Tric

Frank Rikyeard or however you blinking spell it !.

How about Trapattoni - christ , if ireland can get him , although prob too old I admit

or Koemann - No 2 with Holland at the mo.

Or maybe, Houllier......

Or even , and get this.......................Sven !

or maybe , Maldini (paulo that is)

Not suggesting I want any of these (well Rikyeard I would - and I'd get his name right at some point) but you asked for names !.

And dont say they wouldn;t come to Villa coz as long as we matched their ambitions - they would - Premier league is where most want to manage, and god, if notts County can get Sven then quite frankly, if you think we cant attract a top name - you are daft !.

Come on everyone - he wants names - give him some !

Who's this Frank Rikyeard mate?

Leaving NRC out was his biggest mistake today, why did he do it?

.... because he is a stubborn spiteful bastard..... and that is where all the rumours of losing the dressing room are coming from..... because a lot of the players disagree with his team selections.

not least Gareth Barry is well pleased he is away from him.

Why would you call him a bastard?

He's a **** football manager, YES doubt his managerial ability, question it, point out all the negatives but calling him a name is just disrespectful when in fact he is probably twice the man you will ever be.

It's funny that some people will only remember we have gone 6th the last two seasons..

but if we go back the last 17 games.. then we shouldn't remember it? neither the way we ended 6th last season?

funny place this :-)

and where are all those people who said at the end of last season that MON had a big summer ahead of him?

have he done well enough?

I always look at to Fergie when people start calling for a managers head. He didn't do anything for three years but build a group of youngster "that you can't win anything with!" Then all of a sudden one cup triumph and the rest is history. What he is building is a future so let's so looking some much at today. Yes I don't agree with his tactics and I hope he smart enough to see where he is going wrong. If at Christmas we are struggling in the bottom half then my view might change. At the moment he needs to stay and see if he can bring that glory he certainly wants for the Villa.

Fine, but for every Fergie, there are 10 Southgates !

Also, how old is Fergie now - 64 isn;t he I think, thats 23yrs off - I make that he was a 41 yr old when he went to Man U - maybe slightly out but not much.

Martin O'Neill - 58 ! - he ISNT getting any better !

We are too easy to play against at the moment as teams are getting right between our midfield and defence just so easily.

Reo Coker, to me, is by far our best defensive midfielder player and has a real presence about him. Why oh why is he not playing?

In pre-season he's been playing great and then he's dropped for a 19 year old player who has come from league 1!

O'Neill out..now please. :x

It's funny that some people will only remember we have gone 6th the last two seasons..

but if we go back the last 17 games.. then we shouldn't remember it? neither the way we ended 6th last season?

funny place this :-)

and where are all those people who said at the end of last season that MON had a big summer ahead of him?

have he done well enough?

ON and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

Like a broken **** record tonight

All of us feel shit stop making it **** worse with your gloating.

Bad 2nd half of season. Tremendous Peace Cup. Decent performance against Fiorentina. Dire today.

Martin O'Neill, hero to zero, eh? We might do well to sleep on it. I have no more wish that O'Neill goes than I have that we get a richer owner.

Stay. 100% stay. And no more of this new manager every 3 or 4 years. One bloody match. DOL was right.

Everybody listen to sled

We are too easy to play against at the moment as teams are getting right between our midfield and defence just so easily.

Reo Coker, to me, is by far our best defensive midfielder player and has a real presence about him. Why oh why is he not playing?

In pre-season he's been playing great and then he's dropped for a 19 year old player who has come from league 1!

O'Neill out..now please. :x

NRC aint the answer mate, He cant actually do anything other than tackle.

We are in a desperate position at the moment with our playing staff.

Â