PL: Wigan h 2009/08/15 Ratings and Reactions

bickster

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.........

And just think I got so so so so so so much stick over the last few days for daring to question Beye, Cueller, Davies and more importantly Martin "The Messiah" O'Neill

Shorey :oops: :oops: :oops:

Cuelller :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Davies :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Beye :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

MON - fecking CLUELESS !!!!!! :bang:

a) Leaving Carew on the bench for that useless lump of Donkey !!! - I know he was injured in the end , but that was AFTER he was selected as sub - quite frankly absolutely mystifying !

B) Delph - how to destroy a kid in 5 easy lessons. 10 days ago NRC picks up a trophy (a silly one but nether the less, he was captain - and then he is dished out the side for a 19 yr old who was playing against MK two months ago - shocking !!

That is all I am going to say - I think I have proved a lot of points today, but tempers will be freyed and I am not going to argue. I am sodding the Villa and flying off to tenerife !!!.

Oh - one last one

Darren Bent :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

That was one of the most soul destroying games of football I have witnessed, probably because its the first game of the season. The only player I can give any real credit to is James Milner, who ran his socks off. Ashley Young, for all of your trickery and ability to get to the touchline, its a complete waste of time if your crossing continues to be worse than mine. Got too predictable in the end. Looked a little better when Sidders came on, but nowhere near good enough. The squad lacks any real depth at the moment, and the woman sat next to me said it all when she said it was typical that the only striker we could bring on was an 18 year old kid who hasn't scored in the premiership yet to try and turn the game. We need reinforcements now, but I'm not overly confident because we know how long it takes MON to sign a player... Folks, I think we're in for a really long season unless changes are made...

Now, if I went over to the regular Villa forum and made a thread called "Should Delph have started?", would it get locked because it should be asked on this particular thread here?

If we want to talk about a specific thing regarding the game, we are now not allowed to start it's own thread?

Scratching my head a bit here.... :lol:

Me to... Asked a direct question that wasn't match comments and it got locked. So posted it in here where people want to give their two cents about the game and still waiting for answer.

I tell you who I felt sorry for today, Nigel Reo Coker. If I was him left sat on that bench with a bunch of kids while another kid made his debut and Sidwell was used as as I sub I would be fuming. In fact if I was him I would walk into O'Neill's office on Monday morning with a written transfer request.

Agreed. Reo-Coker and Sidders should have started that game as our only fit senior CM players. Petrov looked like the Petrov from before last season (probably due to a lack of fitness having missed some of preseason) and Delph should have had to earn a place in the side - in hindsight, I'm not suprised our midfield was overrun.

An absolute disgrace! I thought the days of being embarrassed while watching villa were over. There was not a single positive to take from the game.

Our two signings didn't look good enough and had to be replaced and our current players were shit.

We have 2 weeks to sign some quality otherwise we will struggle.

I was completely wrong in thinking cuellar and davies could produce the goods, davies was **** terrible all game.

I really didn't think we would miss barry that much but our midfield was terrible and we had two strikers who didn't do a thing all game.

I hope MON doesn't let me down but i'm a lot less confident than i was yesterday.

It was truly truly shocking today.

Peace Cup, Fiorentina friendly, both bloody meaningless.

The real stuff began today, and we were found lacking, lacking not just in defence but in every area of the park.

The defenc is the biggest worry though and, if not addressed, will see us struggling this year.

Shorey was a joke today, that's one of the worst full back performances I can recall having the misfortune to see at VP.

Davies converns me greatly, from the fringe of the England setup to a performance like today in just 1 season. I do have a theory about this though, I don't think he can read the game as well as defend, he needs a Layrsen figure to direct him, Laursen always pointed where the ball should be passed to and was always telling young Curtis whereabouts he should be, he obviously misses this instruction because he looked abject today, totally clueless.

Beye was obviously not fit, he looked about a yard slow to everything and to my mind looked a little confused at what was being asked of him. (Message to MON - bring 'em in earlier!!!)

In midfield we were also shocking, worst of all was Petrov (and I am a big Petrov fan) He also looked unfit, having missed most of pre season with his shoulder injury. Not at all sure about him as skipper either, there was one occasion today as he went to take a free kick where he totally ignored Davies who was asking if he should go up for it. The game was crying out for NRC, if only that we could hold the ball in midfield, something we failed to do all game.

Our "young guns" really let us down today, Gabby was apalling, probably the worst I have seen from him, second to every ball, not winning anything, needs a spell away from the first team to recharge his batteries and to let the hype that has surrounded him die down.... which brings us nicely to Ash. For the first time today I found myself disliking Ash, I have put up with his antics before in the safe knowledge that a great performance was minutes away and a matchwinning goal wasn't far away too but today he took it waaaaay to far. I was astonished that he wasn't sent off for the headbutt (yes it was, just watch MOTD tonight) and the throwing himself to the ground at every opportunity reminded of a spoilt little child (or a highly paid premiership footballer who believes all the great press they have had and now percieves themselves to be a world beater)

Heskey - well what can you say about Heskey? He tries I suppose but he just does not do it for me, I guess people will say that he worked hard today,but hell! I work hard every day, it's why they pay me after all!!! We should expect and MON should be demanding more from Emile, at present he just isn't up to it.

One last word about wee Jimmy Milner - WTF were those free kicks about!!!!

Rant over

THIS!!!

do we have the money though thats what id like to no..
Randy has been quoted saying the funds are there, I think MON is too prudent for his own good.

THIS!!!

Randy has been quoted saying the funds are there, I think MON is too prudent for his own good.
so he's an owners wet dream..

THIS!!!

So how is the ownwr managing the manager who is employed to utilise the best resources of the club and take us forward to an agreed plan.

MON is a good manager. Good managers like good players do not suddenly become bad.

I;m afraid there is more to this than meets the eye and for me it is not a simple "Replace the manager" solution

This is the first time I will say it...

I want Martin O´Neill out. Todays performance showed me that he has taken the club as far as he can with two consecutive 6th places.

The team lack almost everything at the moment and I dont trust his tactical knowledge and I certainly dont trust him on the transfer market. His coaching ability is tops...but that is not enough in Premier League.

I was embarrassed today...

Wigan Athletic made us look like a joke. They had brilliant creativity in players like newly signed Gomez...absolutely brilliant crossings and passings from Figueroa and also a lethal striker in Rodallega. How a club like Wigan can find and attract those kind of players is beyond me...no..I correct myself...how a club like that can find those players..yet Villa misses out again and again. This small club found Esteban Valencia..and sold him with great profit in the summer. They rebuild and find new gems...

It is time Martin...I am actually sad to say...but it is time to leave. The gameplay is awful..the energy was shameful and the whole attitude in a opening day game suggest that they all have lost it at Villa Park!

Spot on. I've held my tongue and held my patience with regards to MON since Blackburn Away last season, but it seems like nothing has changed. We're worryingly short of ideas and the transfer window - in terms of preparing us for the new season - has been a disaster so far.

Yes, there's still 2 weeks till the window closes but the season has already started and we're not ready. That's not good enough.

I thought losing Martin Laursen would be tough, but that we'd unearth someone to have a go at filling his boots. I was wrong.

I thought Gareth Barry's departure would see us add more steel and mobility to our midfield, maybe even change our style of play. I was wrong there too.

Tactically inept, and lacking in motivation. Very, very worrying.

I can't argue with any of that. We were found out last season and he did **** all about it. Why should the stubborn **** change now?!

Do you know what is really starting to piss me off the most about O'Neill? Its his one **** single tactical change that he has up his sleeve, take a full back off, stick a winger in his place and bring on another midfielder. Can anyone remember a single **** occasion when this has actually worked for us? It is simply the most pathetic desperation tactic I think I've ever witnessed and he pulls it out every **** time.

The debates have raged many a time over his decisions in the transfer market but nobdy seems to talk about his **** shite tactics.

Oh and I'm sick to death of us playing hoof ball, of Ashley Young lying on the floor crying like a **** bitch and then getting up to over hit another cross. I could go on but frankily there was so much shite on display today to talk about I would be here all night, that was a disgrace of a performance.

It's his new trick. Last season it was take the left back off and move the right back to left back and play whoever at RB!

He's the messiah dontcha know?!

I can't see how people can't see what we're doing this season!

Part 1 of the plan - Make everyone think we're shit after an awful opening day game.

Part 2 of the plan - Unleash a 37 game win streak.

Simple really, we're already half way through the plan. The title is as good as ours.

Thing is it doesn't matter what he does in the transfer market, while we continue to play this **** awful one-dimensional brand of football and the tactics and substitutions continue to begger belief we can have Barcelona's team out there and we'd play shit. The man has to either get up to speed on his tactics or frankly piss off.

No Plan B my lord... in every respect.