Well the season starts.... TODAY! You happy where we stand?

rsjg80

How happy are you the day the season starts?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. How happy are you the day the season starts?

• Really optimistic - no doubts we're set to go from strength to strength.
    • Neutral - had hoped for more but expecting much the same as last season.
    • Pessimistic - we're going to slip a little this season, we've let too many other teams over take us.
    • Suicidal - I can't believe we've got to the start of the season with less players, in numbers and quality; we're doomed.

I think MON's signings will look better as the season goes on. We do need more players, but I think Beye and Delph will improve the team. I agree with those that said the small squad excuse will not wash this season. I am very optimistic and think Villa will be in the mix for another top 4 challenge. Other than Man City, I don't think any other teams made vast improvements to their squads.

Neutral I guess.

I'm not expecting a disaster, far from it. I'm expecting consolidation, maybe a slight drop off, say to 7th. I'd expected a couple more players in by now (and I do get the feeling the management felt the same, it seems it's taken a bit longer for some targets than we wanted), but I'm still sure we'll get them before the window shuts. I'm also expecting the squad to grow in stature somewhat, having the players grow more into their roles.

My feeling could well change by the end of the window however, dependant on signings.

As it is though, hey, footballs back!

Dissapointed braced for the usual excuses come the end of the window should MON not sign the players that will improve us

*it wasnt for want of trying*

*the right players were not available*

*i do not want to bankrupt the club we cannot compete with man city*

Then come the end of the season

*We have a small squad e.t.c*

Â