1. 1. Where will we end up this Season

• Top 4
    • 5th
    • 6th
    • 7th
    • 8th - 10th
    • 11th - 14th
    • Relegation Battle

I'd love is to push more seriously for the top four, but our squad is just too small. The consistency you need is truly frightening, 70++ points from 36 games, you simply vcannot afford a single passenger - every player you put out there has to be good enough. We just arent there yet.

As a result, I'd settle for anywhere in the top half, if we can lift some silverware. My eyes are firmly fixed on the Europa League - come on martin, you know it makes sense

***If we sign three more before now and Sept 1st I might revise this upwards ;-)

In the meantime, all the best to all the Villa lads over the coming season. Come on boys!

Some people need to take note of this post.

With the current squad, we will slip back a bit - let's say 8th.

1) The major worry for me is that the squad is still small and not especially deep. We have quite a lot of (talented but) inexperienced youth. Without further quality additions, the same thing that happened last season is likely to happen again: burnout in the final stretch.

2) Without Laursen our defence is weaker, full stop: if Distin/Dunne/Warnock came in, it would be stronger than today but still not as good as it was.

3) It's almost a perennial thing for Villa, we need a player who can open up defences (think Merson, Carbone) - so we often struggle to open up teams. And we don't have strikers that score an enormous amount of goals to bail us out. IMO we need to sign someone like Tuncsay or better, and a good striker to replace Marlon too.

4) It's become fashionable on VT to say Barry wasn't that good or important for us after all, now that he's gone. Personally I think there's a reason he's picked for England and feel he's a big loss. Whether a restructured midfield will fare better without him... I hope so and, well, over the season we'll see.

• 7 months later...
If MON stays as Manager, 11th - 14th

what I did see yesterday,was much worse than last season when it was really bad

I'm assuming this was a Wigan overreaction post.

Maybe seeing as we look certain to finish above 11th you'll now admit MONs better than you give him credit for?

I'm assuming this was a Wigan overreaction post.

It was, today i will say 7- 9th without any overreaction

Maybe seeing as we look certain to finish above 11th you'll now admit MONs better than you give him credit for?

No,he is actually worse than I first thought..

Well apart from the West Ham bit - which I think has surprised everyone this year - I got it about as spot on as I could (so far)

Maybe I don't talk the b......x some think I do - I just see the truth

Gloat, Gloat :D

You're gloating?

You said we'd finish 9th or 10th if we bought a defender, that Zola would do a good job for West Ham, that Cattermole would be as good as Milner, and that Viduka would add an extra dimension to Fulham's game.

Ooh, you're a modern day Nostradamus.

Yeah I did, and I reckon we will finish 8th - and I keep saying "God forbid 9th!"

My only surprise is the team I thought we would be fighting for 8th would be Sunderland - it happens to be Blues

(Admittedly, with 7 games to go, but that is what I reckon, Everton overtake us, we lose a few, Blues get a few drawns and it all hinges on our derby - sorry but thats what I think will happen, the brains may want to put yesterday right, but the legs can't !)