1. 1. Where will we end up this Season

• Top 4
    • 5th
    • 6th
    • 7th
    • 8th - 10th
    • 11th - 14th
    • Relegation Battle

Cattermole - superb player, just as good as Milner , just playing for Wigan so didnt get credit

Rubbish IMO. Cattermole just goes round kicking lumps out of people, completely overrated IMO as is Bent.

I said 7th but we'll need to strengthen a bit more. Noone is talking about us which is the way we like it.

I think 7th maybe 8th if we cock up like last year, and its not becuase we are stepping backwards, its because teams like Spurs and Man City have improved greatly from last year

Citeh fair one, but have Spurs improved greatly?

The level of hot air coming from their manager has increased by 30% on last season.

only 30%?? lol

alot of friends are spurs supporters and they are pretty confident (I know it happens each year) if you look at their performance back end of the season and swapping crouch for bent has gone down well with them, I do see them as a threat, and despite his hot air Redknapp is a good manager.

Guest Ricardomeister
8th-10th for me unless MON pulls out 3 very large rabbits from the hat in the next 2 and a bit weeks.

As things stand, I cannot see us finishing ahead of the Sky 4 or Citeh/Spuds as they have bigger squads with as much quality as us and they don't have Europe to distract them.

I think it will be tough to finish above Everton as I think they have more resilience and fight than us.

If we get injuries and/or don't bolster the squad then we could even struggle to stay ahead of teams like West Ham/Fulham/Sunderland imo.

If you believe all that, you should have voted for 11th - do the math

Actually it is you that maybe should do the English! :lol:

I said "we could even struggle to stay ahead of........" "Could" does not mean "will". At no point did I say that they will definitely finish above us.

More pedantry on villatalk...no surprise there! :lol:

Right, so we've flushed that one out.

You don't really believe all that.

You are perhaps just mentioning it to add to the general air of gloom and panic that some people seem to enjoy promulgating on the site.

No, I am expressing my opinion based on the facts as I see them at present. I will certainly not be apologising for that. At least I try to be constructive rather than throw insults around and swear at people, which quite a few on here seem to do just because some people have a different opinion. With the extra games that we will play compared to other teams then I do not see it being so far fetched that one or more of those teams could overtake us, especially if we get a few injuries.

You have every right to disagree with me but please have the courtesy not to tell me what I really believe or don't. To just put that perhaps my post is to add to the gloom and panic is rather lazy imo, as well as being completely incorrect.

is being realistic slagging the team off or being negative? I see nothing wrong with what Ricardomeister wrote and he made some valid points, certain teams have been more active in the markets, who knows how that will pan out for them. Briny, would you prefer it is we said we will finish 1st and win 3 cups? If people come on here and say villa are shit, so and so is shit and have no foundation to support it then please jump back on that high horse of yours, until then this forum is for opinions....

6-7th because we do have a good squad, which with the arrival of a couple more players by september will put us in a good position to cope with the season ahead. I think we'll edge Everton, and then it's a question of whether Man city live up to the hype and if Spurs bother to have a good season. Will be very close, and its set up for an exciting season.

6-7th because we do have a good squad, which with the arrival of a couple more players by september will put us in a good position to cope with the season ahead. I think we'll edge Everton, and then it's a question of whether Man city live up to the hype and if Spurs bother to have a good season. Will be very close, and its set up for an exciting season.

spot on post, liking that, last year was the best prem in my opinion and i reckon next year will be better, not long now!!!

Top 6 again.

I think the preseason form of guzan will put pressure on friedel and he will either perform better or be replaced with a good promising keeper.

I think cuellar will have an excellent season and form a solid partnership with davies. Adding beye means we won't have to play midfield players at right back and i think as a unit we will be better at the back.

Losing barry means we can change our midfield a bit now and how we play. Both delph and downing when fit will offer qualities that barry couldn't.

Milner will have an excellent season with us and we have an exciting prospect in albrighton coming through.

Gabby has improved every season so i see no reason why this won't continue. Heskey has looked sharp in pre season and i think he will have a bigger impact on the team this season.

Over the last season people on here have turned into the people they dispise most - you here it all the time "SPurs fans, thhey make you laugh, they think they have the divine right to be successful" - now, some Villa fans think we only have to turn up to get top 6 !.

Hang on, aren't you the one moaning about only finishing 6th?

Aren't you the one constantly crying your eyes out because we haven't signed the players you want and we aren't doing as well as you want?

Well what divine right do we have to be higher than 6th? What divine right do we have to go and snap up all the players that YOU want us to?

I voted 8th - 10th - I think we will start poorly - but then MON will be forced to drop his favourite sons, Heskey, Cuellar, - and play some of the young guns. I also think that this will be MON'S last season. Don't think Randy will sack him - I think he may walk.

Against all sense of logic, stats, form I've gone for top four.

Reason? I thought 'ah **** it, why not!?'

Realistically, before signings and Peace Cup I told friends we'd finish 8th. Now, after seeing the younger players show great promise, and confidence growing in the players generally, I realistically think 5th.

But the delusional ever-optimistic in me says top four... ah **** it, why not!? :cheers:

I'd love is to push more seriously for the top four, but our squad is just too small. The consistency you need is truly frightening, 70++ points from 36 games, you simply vcannot afford a single passenger - every player you put out there has to be good enough. We just arent there yet.

As a result, I'd settle for anywhere in the top half, if we can lift some silverware. My eyes are firmly fixed on the Europa League - come on martin, you know it makes sense

***If we sign three more before now and Sept 1st I might revise this upwards ;-)

In the meantime, all the best to all the Villa lads over the coming season. Come on boys!