• Top 4
    • 5th
    • 6th
    • 7th
    • 8th - 10th
    • 11th - 14th
    • Relegation Battle

I've gone 8th-10th.

I think at the moment we have a squad that will finish 12th-14th.

However, I think we will hopefully buy that needed defender and that will put us to about 9th-10th.

I think Spurs, Man City will definately overtake us, and expect Sunderland and West Ham to be around us.

I am SO disappointed.

I have been lambasted on here time and time again. However, I said in January - we have missed a chance that will take us around 5 yrs to close - well I think I am going to be proved right.

I expected it of Ellis, I thought those days were gone, THAT is why I am so dispondant.

*passes paulanddonya the noose*

12th - 14th behave

I think top eight definitely. We are capable of putting a winning run together and it will just be a matter of how long we can do that. I would stress we need a few more faces and I believe at least one of those might have to be or turn out to be a real star this season. I have to be honest and say I think Carlos Cuellar will turn out to be a crucial signing this season and I hope he can fill the boots of Laursen. Saying that, we need some cover at the centre of our back four. Realistically I think 6th would be a good finish for Villa although I would love to break the top four.

Because mate I see the truth.

And therein (in my opinion) lies the primary reason why people react so angrily to your posts. The "truth" as you see it is far from it for a large number of people and I really think that whilst we are lacking in defence, you have not posted anything compelling to me about why other teams are stronger and better equipped than us. I have seen ranting and raving about us not getting the players you wanted us to and that appears to me to be clouding your overall opinion. We are not a one man team and whilst the loss of Laursen must be addressed, there are a dozen other reasons why we will be in a better position this season (see my post in the transfer thread for a more detailed explanation of my thoughts).

Because mate I see the truth. I don't see that "Harry is a candleface" and "Bruce is a potato head" and all other 10yr old crap like that.

I see Spurs with one hell of a side. Remember we gave them 25 point head start last year. They also lost Defoe one week into his return. Spurs are a top quality side, so much so that half this board want theie "cast offs".

Sunderland - you look at the name, I'll look at what they are building. Cattermole - superb player, just as good as Milner , just playing for Wigan so didnt get credit - Bent - don't get me started !

I see in Zola, a guy that when he had got the players playing in his style were a very good football side, so much so that he was being tipped with a return to Chelsea if Ancelotti wasn't released.

And who is to say Fulham wont do it again - have you forgot them. And Viduka will give them a different dimension.

I still hope we will be 3rd in February - of course I do, however we were bloody close to being out the top 10 this year - can't remember the exact total but it was around 10 points- thats 4 games. That is as close as 4 last minute goals against Everton, Hull, Blues and Arsenal.

Over the last season people on here have turned into the people they dispise most - you here it all the time "SPurs fans, thhey make you laugh, they think they have the divine right to be successful" - now, some Villa fans think we only have to turn up to get top 6 !.

Cattermole as good as Milner

Please.........come on....now i know you're on a wind up

I know deep down your as passionate as the next person but your posts sometimes go beyond belief. Yes i now you like Bent, Bentley, Defour but sorry MON doesnt - deal with it or support Sunderland, Spurs or Standard Leige so you can go and watch them.....

If we had made the signings that West Ham or Fulham had made then I think there would be genuine cause for concern, especially as they were starting from a weaker base. Sunderland have strengthened significantly but they bloody well needed to, other than Bent who would have been useful though, I can't think of anyone they signed who would be anything close to what we need.

i think our rivals have strengthened a lot more than we have so far - of cource this could change before 31st

but as of now we have slipped behind 1 or 2 in terms of quality and depth so i think 8-10th this season

I'd say the top four are weaker this year.

Chelsea - Pensioners

ManU - No Ronaldo

Liverpool - No man to pull the strings

Arsenal - Lost best defender and striker (debatable)

Everton will probably lose Lescott, weakening them.

If you want to count Spurs as a rival, then i'd say theyve remained the same.

Man City are probably the only team thats strengthened, Sunderland too but i dont see them as a rival.

Fifth. Everton have done nothing in the transfer market, indeed they lost some of their squad players at the start of the Summer. Man City's scattergun approach to signings and Hughes inexperience combined with the huge egos of his squad will see him out of a job by Xmas and another midtable finish for the boys in blue.

I think we could push top four again but Arsenal have a sizeable war chest which they'll tap into in January to steal ahead of us in the run-in.

we were bloody close to being out the top 10 this year - can't remember the exact total but it was around 10 points- thats 4 games. That is as close as 4 last minute goals against Everton, Hull, Blues and Arsenal.

Close to being outside the the top 10? We were 17 (seventeen) points above the team in 11th place. Even if we hadn't scored the 4 late goals mentioned (which would have meant 7 points less, not 10, by the way), we would still have been 10 points above the bottom half.

EDIT: in fact we would still have finished sixth.

If we were "bloody close" to being outside the top ten, then you'd have to say we were "only a whisker away" from finishing in the top four!

Guest Ricardomeister

8th-10th for me unless MON pulls out 3 very large rabbits from the hat in the next 2 and a bit weeks.

As things stand, I cannot see us finishing ahead of the Sky 4 or Citeh/Spuds as they have bigger squads with as much quality as us and they don't have Europe to distract them.

I think it will be tough to finish above Everton as I think they have more resilience and fight than us.

If we get injuries and/or don't bolster the squad then we could even struggle to stay ahead of teams like West Ham/Fulham/Sunderland imo.

8th-10th for me unless MON pulls out 3 very large rabbits from the hat in the next 2 and a bit weeks.

As things stand, I cannot see us finishing ahead of the Sky 4 or Citeh/Spuds as they have bigger squads with as much quality as us and they don't have Europe to distract them.

I think it will be tough to finish above Everton as I think they have more resilience and fight than us.

If we get injuries and/or don't bolster the squad then we could even struggle to stay ahead of teams like West Ham/Fulham/Sunderland imo.

If you believe all that, you should have voted for 11th - do the math

Guest Ricardomeister

If you believe all that, you should have voted for 11th - do the math

Actually it is you that maybe should do the English! :lol:

I said "we could even struggle to stay ahead of........" "Could" does not mean "will". At no point did I say that they will definitely finish above us.

More pedantry on villatalk...no surprise there! :lol: