would you take gareth barry back?

fifa09don

would you take gareth barry back?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. would you take gareth barry back?

• yes, id love to see him back here asap.
    • no, ive turned by back on him forever

He would have made a difference yesterday. Someone to put a foot on the ball and string some passes together. Not that I want him back though still.

Nah, one thing he never did as a captain was bring back into play a team that was doing badly. Only ever effective if the rest of the team were doing well.

He would have made a difference yesterday. Someone to put a foot on the ball and string some passes together. Not that I want him back though still.

Nah, one thing he never did as a captain was bring back into play a team that was doing badly. Only ever effective if the rest of the team were doing well.

What? I saw some games where he almost single handed took charge of the midfield and held us in the game. He was sometimes absolutely immense at times...

You really has turned your back on Barry by not recognizing him for what he meant to Villa the three last seasons. He got into the national team by his own effort and has done pretty well...

barry never took charge of games when it was going poorly, never, - he was a shocking captain, and last season his attitude was disgraceful. I wasn't sad to see him go ( well pissed off given the club joined ), and whilst he was good for us previously, and a servant, he would have offered **** all in the midfield. Him and Petrov would still have been battered by Wigan. He's gone, good riddance, lets move forward and forget about that retch.

He got into the national team by his own effort and has done pretty well...

Really!? How come he didnt get in on his own effort before MON came to Villa then?

Maturity in his game? Opportunity arise more in recent seasons? The explanation can be many...but I guess you are looking for "MON" explanation and I wont give you that. MON has done much good at Villa..no doubt about that...but to be fair..Barry was seen as a big player at Villa before MON entered the scenes and pushed him further. Many managers could´ve done that because I think it is natural development shown by Barry more than anything else.

barry never took charge of games when it was going poorly, never, - he was a shocking captain, and last season his attitude was disgraceful. I wasn't sad to see him go ( well pissed off given the club joined ), and whilst he was good for us previously, and a servant, he would have offered **** all in the midfield. Him and Petrov would still have been battered by Wigan. He's gone, good riddance, lets move forward and forget about that retch.

:clap: Well...what can you say...

For all his range of passing and set pieces Gareth was an incredibly slow player and would often leave us caught out in the middle especially when teams hit us on the counter attack and didn't help having another slowish midfielder in the middle Petrov. I never imagined Barry as a centre midfielder and England regular until MON began playing him there, he was also hardly the beacon of loyalty he made himself out to be, with the transfer request to Spurs a few years ago and almost signing for Portsmouth. I'm personally glad we are shot of him and no I would not welcome him back.

Â