Would You Take JPA Back?

maqroll

Would You Want Juan Pablo Angel Back?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Want Juan Pablo Angel Back?

• Yes, I'd love to see him back with Villa again
    • No, you're out of your f*cking mind

He was a brilliant striker in his prime but one who never fitted in to our style of play. He's way past it now, but even if we wasn't he wouldn't be MON's cup of tea. Although IMO, with his spring and heading ability he'd revel in the service we now have from the wings.

What annoys me about attitudes towards the player is, he's either hated by some for not performing or loved by others in an almost patronising way, 'he was a nice man' or 'a good pro'. Bullshit, there was a bloody good player there who's talents we failed to utilise. That's a great shame.

So right let me get this thread straight:

The synopsis is for Harewood who played about 5 times this last season and I think still just about exists as a villa player to be replaced by JPA who'd do exactly the same!

And here was me thinking the striker we'd get in would challenge the front two, particularly Gabby, for a place.

Nah, JPA wouldn't fit in out style of play at all as while Young and Gabby are breaking at pace, he'd be trotting along on the halfway line.

I like his style and ability as player and would blossom with our current team if he is 5 years younger. I don't think we should have him back for playing. What we should do is find a young Juan Pablo Angel's intelligent and skills with Agbonlahor pace and Carew strength and power.

We don't need a new striker unless we can find someone special and get that 30 goals a season for us in the premier league.

• 1 year later...

He was a fantastic player when he came to us - too good for most of his team mates.

I haven't - and I suspect very few have - seen enough of him over the past 12 months to know whether he is still at a sufficient enough level to do a job for us as fourth choice with all the injuries. However, being released by NY Red Bulls probably says it all.

Coaching staff would be great though as I think he is technically one of the best I have seen at VP, just lacked a bit of pace and a second foot.

I can't believe some people on here saying Angel was shite for us! Whilst I would be reluctant to take him back as a player, he was a good striker who's talents were wasted by our "team".