Would You Take JPA Back?

maqroll

Would You Want Juan Pablo Angel Back?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Want Juan Pablo Angel Back?

• Yes, I'd love to see him back with Villa again
    • No, you're out of your f*cking mind

No.

I was and am a big fan of JPA, but he was dire in his last season and he's now showing a significant loss of form in MLS too. Granted, RBNY are struggling (badly), but JPA is still missing some easy chances. Got a few goals to his name, mind. But he's certainly not as assured in front of goal as he was briefly for Villa.

Mac Kandji, on the other hand...I'd sign him in a heartbeat.

As an ambassador for our club in South America, YES. But as a player? unfortunatly that ship has sailed.

Besides i thought the MLS would have been deal keen to sign him up again.

Not necessarily so. Angel himself has started to acknowledge the possibility of changes being made and him being one of them - it's just footballer talk to force their hand, of course, but until it happens we just don't know.

Angel is RBNY's designated player, so he's on a lot of cash for MLS. What works in his favour is his popularity, the fact that once the club boots the coach at the end of the season Red Bull will pump in some cash, and New York are the only club with a spare DP slot so he won't necessarily be sacrificed if they bring in a better marquee player.

He must be getting on for 35. If we were going to sign a veteran striker I'd rather we went for someone like Shevchenko or Crespo (when he was available) who probably would make an impact. I good post though none the less as I was a big fan of JPA.

This is possibly the most ridiculous thing I've read on here. He was abysmal in his last three years, and he must surely be the slowest player on the planet by now.

Who next, Mark "stand and point at things" Kinsella? De La Cruz?

Guest Ricardomeister

No chance...he may be a nice bloke but he only had 1 really good season with us with the rest being just ok or poor. He is well past his best so there is no way he would do anything for us now.

I think he would bring (even more) good spirit with him. He's also bright fellow, i mean he wouldn't expect to have any more minutes than what he would deserve. Would add some competition and experience. I think he could become a coach. This of course only if he's free.

Besides the guy loves the club!

For some reason i cant understand, i miss those times...when he scored.