Partner for Angel

JuanPabloAngel

Who do you think should partner for Angel?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think should partner for Angel?

• Vassell
    • Cole
    • Other

Vassell has the hugest amount of natural ability but know it is up to him to inable it, also I think Luke Moore has more (see what I did there) which is scary for the future defences of the premiership!

I think my suggestion was to cash in on him & buy a younger model....ie Baros (Who i think you all wanted in the end) or Yakubu.

Or indeed don't cash in show AMBITION and have Baros partnering Angel.

Oh yeah Doug is still around!

Sorry but no. You aint going to get better than him. He's a real asset for us and cannot understand why people get in his back.

Because he`s a striker that is an average finisher & rarely scores.

Now i know you will reply with, "but he runs the channels & helps set up Angel"......but that isn`t a strikers job, they are there to score, midfielders are there to create.

Now i know you will reply with, "but he runs the channels & helps set up Angel"......but that isn`t a strikers job, they are there to score, midfielders are there to create.

But don't most strike forces operate like this? one big scorer, one who chips in with a few??

Henry and Bergkamp

Horsevanman and Scholes/Solsjkaaer/Saha

Shearer and Bellamy

Owen and H.........(but granted, he's shit)

Forsell and various scum (see above)

Yakubu and LuaLua

Angel and Vassell...

Shearer & Sutton

Van Nistelrooy & Saha

Henry & Trezeguet

Koller & Baros

Yorke & Cole

Gudjohnsen & Hasselbaink

They are various partnerships from the past few years where both strikers have scored numerous amounts.....i want a partnership like that for Villa.

Van Nistelrooy & Saha

No real evidence of this

Henry & Trezeguet

Koller & Baros

I'll take your word for it - Koller looked shit in the Euros

Shearer & Sutton

Yorke & Cole

These don't come around very often at all, as we all know. these kind of strike forces win you titles, everyone wants one but even the best don't.

Gudjohnsen & Hasselbaink

One season they formed a good parnership, as did the SAS and Yorke and Cole too in all honesty.

And you think we will bring in a top name striker like any of those?

You are misunderstanding my point, i`m not saying i think we have players of that quality but instead of having a partnership like that where they both chip in with 25 goals in a season we would have a partnership where they both chip in with 15 goals a season.

I would like to see a partnership of Cole & Angel because they are both goalscorers.

we would have a partnership where they both chip in with 15 goals a season.

I think thats a fair point and would be a decent strikeforce - 30 goals between them, and i don't think Angel and Vassel are to far off. I also agree, Cole WILL prove to be an asset

JPA Im just keeping the options open.

When Angel is on fit and back to form its most likely to be Vassell and Cole fighting for the other place, I haven't seen the Moores so I can't make a judgement on them

Obviously everyone can see I rate CCole and think he will do well at Villa, Whether it be along side Angel or Vassell, Who knows?

But the odds are Angel obviously because he has proven himself to be the better striker.

Anyway I voted for Cole

No they are not, a certain poster on anothert thread said there was no need for creative midfielders

It didn`t take long......i should have said wingers are there to create....as i said, Barry & Solano will bring creativity whereas Berson (ooops he hasn`t signed) & McCann will bring steel to the midfield.

vass for me, he will do well this season i reckon, he's a good partner for angel, even if he doesn't score that many goals his runs panic defenders and leaves space fpr angel

also i've never seen cole alongside angel so how can i possibly judge?

went for Dazz Vass because:

a) i think he's due to come good goal wise (it's now or never IMO)

B) I find the fact that we've become a feeder club under SmellP*ss difficult to either take or condone so couldn't vote for Cole on principle. In fact, think he's a great player, but he ain't ours :twisted:

shame on the 15 of you who voted for the Chelsea striker

lets start with villa players so Vassel & a fit Allback (who is a proven goalscorer) for the first game , with Luke on the bench

• 6 months later...
Â