Friendly: Fiorentina h 2009/08/08 Reactions and Ratings

LancsVillan

Delph aint what i expected, i heard that he wouldnt sy out of a tackle but he looked an animal at times - Massive Potential...

Milner,Petrov,Delph,Young,Downing - What a Midfield!!

Add some super signing like Sneijder and a goalscorer and we'll be challenging the top 4.

Still need a couple of CB's though!!!!

Good game today, we linked up very well and there was great understanding. Delph is completley different to any of our players, he has a change of pace, has the techincal ability to get himself out of tight situations, he has a good range of passing and he really likes to get stuck in, overall a very promosing game for him.

Other players that impressed me were Heskey who led the line very well, Albrighton again came on and was very lively, this boy will make it with us and players like Ash and Milner attacked very well too.

What I don't understand is how we can play well like that keeping it on the ground, then in some games we resort to hoof ball.

Ratings:

Friedel 7- Some good saves, especially the one from the Jovetic volley.

Lichaj 6- Got caught out positioning wise on occasions but did alright, will come with experience.

Shorey 7- Solid game from Shorey for a change.

Cuellar 7- Another solid game from Carlos.

Clark 6- Got knocked about a bit but didn't let much through.

Milner 7- Seems like he's gone to skills school, fooled a few defenders, worked hard and got some good crosses in.

Delph 8- Composed, good turn of pace, got stuck in and worked very hard.

Gardner 5- Quite a poor game from Craig, lost the ball a fair bit.

Young 7- Had some very bright moments, worked hard and got a nice assist for Heskey's goal.

Gabby 7- Backed into centre backs well and frightened him with their pace, won quite a few aerial battles too.

Heskey 8- Lead the line very well, used his strengh and held the ball up well for oncoming midfielders.

Albrighton 7- Worked hard, got stuck in, a put a few good balls into the box, very impressive from Mark again, he will make it at this level.

Carew 6- Mixed half, held it well at times but often got knocked over.

Delfouneso 6- Lovely footwork and turn of pace but missed 2 decent chances and was easily knocked off the ball.

Sidwell 6- Couple of good runs, didn't notice him that much though.

NRC 6- Organised us and got involved with a few good runs.

Davies 6- Seemed solid, harsh penalty against him.

Lowry- Dunno

Guzan 6- Made a good save or two...

Liked the look of Delph although his legs are tiny he will need to go the same work out plan Gabby looks to have been on, he has beefed up and looked good and Heskey looked in perfect shape as well

--

What happened to the ticket office today, computers down again ? £10 a ticket on the door. Better this week I guess

Wheres the ticket thread gone ?

Good debut from Delph, he looks ready for the top flight.

Albrighton looks even better, I REALLY want to see him get some pitch time this season, he's a **** gem

all of NRC decent work from the peace cup went out the window IMO, was poor when he came on contributed little, sidwell made some good touches and delph was vey good but will get plenty of yellows, carew was disappointing, lichaj's distribution was awful

the huge positive was the 1st half chopping and changing with gabby and heskey plus most of the midfield all going wide it was great to see that we still managed to have bodies in the centre which we struggled with last year, other positives for me was fonz looked alot more mature and heskey didnt look so lumbersome and clark looks like he could be 3rd choice let alone 4th

the other pleasing thing was the work rate (albrighton in particular) closing down and some great tackling all over the pitch

Saw you at the game today Rob, with your lad. Liking the name of the back of the shirt. :lol:

Friedel - 8 - Did what was asked, one great save.

Lichaj - 6 - Looks shaky, turned over too easy.

Cuellar - 8 - Solid game, again.

Clark - 7.5 - Didn't look out of place at all.

Shorey - 7.5 - Some good passes, didn't get beat often.

Milner - 9 - His year I reckon, absoloute class today.

Gardner - 7 - Solid enough, nothing special.. except his shot!

Delph - 9 - Fantastic. Champions League team had to resort to fouling him.

Young - 7 - Went down a bit too easy, average by his standards.

Gabby - 7 - Worked hard, beat defenders to the ball most the time.

Heskey - 7.5 - Won alot of headers, lead the line well, nicely taken goal.

Lowry - Not enough time.

Davies - 7.5 - Solid enough, nothing great/bad.

Albrighton - 8 - Owned the full back over and over and over.

Reo-Coker - 7 - Won the ball back and ran well, needs to release it earlier.

Sidwell - 7 - Got stuck in today, which he sometimes doesn't, okay half.

Delfouneso - 7.5 - Played pretty well, had a few good efforts on goal, linked up well with the midfield.

Carew - 6 - Poor game from Big John, either went down or lost the ball.

MONs interview on the OS - who were fiorentina's 4 star players?

vargas showed some really good stuff down the left, frey made some good saves but IMO parried alot, and gilardino looked ok but we defended well (i think it was him who turned and hit the barwhen he was offside? the turn was brilliant)

but IMO jovetic who i had expected a bit from was poor, and then seeing as i missed the team news and the new program had no numbers on it did montolivio or kuzmanovic even play?

sorry! and another thing - did anyone else see the fonz and nige warming up at half time? nige launched it up it the air and the fonz brought it down and did some keepy ups? best piece of control id seen since that lad at half time during the everton game!

Suffer ticket problem as well but still got to game ok.

I was there and it is good result and decent performance. Where is Happy Beye ?

Like the look of Fabien Delph as he seem to be very quick and skillful and intelligent link up. Albrighton still wonderful. I would pick him instead of Jimmy.

Florentina is a good team, I don't know Italian football very well and don't know who is who.

My team for next Saturday (Assuming Luke is still out and no more signing)

Guzan, Beye, Cuellar, Davies, Shorey, Young, Reo Coker, Delph, Albrighton, Carew, Agbonlahor.

Subs Friedel, Clark, Heskey, Nathan, Milner, Sidwell, and Gardner

Ashley was captain in first half, then Curtis took over in 2nd half.

Just got back, and im a little worried again.

Anybody who watched todays game and came away happy is deluded. Anybody who still clings to the hope that Delph will fill Barrys boots THIS SEASON, is on drugs.

Our weakness was shown today, and i confidently predict a dissapointing draw against Wigan next week.

Its so blooming obvious that we need a strong midfielder with some drive and vision, plus a goalscorer in front of him....people who can make things happen. If we go into next week without having done something about that, then forget about a top six finish.

We need quality now Martin.

Plus points.....

The kids yet again. Fonz was very lively after replacing a rather looking leggy Gabby. The kid at right back was solid, Clarke looks a great prospect, and Albrighton again, showed how and where to deliver a ball.

In fact, if we have not brought the necassary reinforcements in by next week, i would start with Albrighton, and move Milner inside to support Carew.

I wouldn't say people are deluded if they came away happy from a game in which we'd just beaten Fiorentina, or anyone for that matter! Christ, we might have a few areas that need adjust granted, but there's no need for that statement!

It may be because I was watching him more than anyone else, but Delph has star written all over him. Very composed performance against a top quality side.

The first ten minutes or so he was running around like a headless chicken, then something just clicked for him and he ran the show. He looks a superb player.

I like. Man of the match.

Delighted to hear that Delph looked the bizniss.

Oh he is mate, definitely. played a lot deeper than I though he would. He's like Petrov with a bit (lot) more bite.

Delph and Petrov with someone more technical in front of them would be absolutely immense. I know those are strong words after one showing, but the kid has it. It's undeniable.

He is premier league quality now. Some might not like that, for whatever absurd reason, but he'll be starting against Wigan.