EL: Rapid Vienna a 2009/08/20 Match Thread

limpid

I think we could do well in this competition, so I certainly don't want us to get knocked out. And it's nice to see Villa play against opposition from around Europe.

I certainly didn't wait ten years for us to earn regular European football again just to decide that I'm not bothered about it.

I also think we have a deeper squad this year in terms of quality (certainly once MON makes an extra couple of acquisitions, which I'm sure he will) which will stand us in better stead when competing on more than one front.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we got a confirmed line up for tonight?

Looking at the quality of the clubs in this competition i hope we go as far as we can. Some of the teams that catch my eye; Lazio, Roma, Ajax, Hamburg, PSV, Bilbao, Benfica, Valencia, Fenerbache, Werder Bremen, Genoa, Hamburg, both Prague teams.

Personally i'd love Sarajevo to get through because i'd love an away day in Sarajevo, their Bureck is the best Bureck! Lille or Hamburg would be quality away days as well, in fact anywhere in Holland, Belguim, Germany or France would be brilliant. Time to get saving!

My team for tonight:

Guzan

Beye - Davies - Cuellar - Shorey

Reo-Coker

Young - Petrov - Sidwell - Milner

Carew

Alot of onus on Sidwell to get up and support Big John, but hell, he's hardly kicked a ball in two years so he should be nice and fresh ! Bring Gabby on later when they're tired to run them ragged ...

if we lose this game and then lose like expected against liverpool the pressure really is on mon. we are capable of beating these lot if we play our best but i think we will lose tonight. confidence is so low at the moment

Looking forward to this one, I would go with.

--------------------Guzan---------------------

Beye------Cuellar--------Clark------Shorey

---------------Delph----NRC-----------------

-------------------Sidwell---------------------

Albrighton-----------------------------Milner

-------------------Heskey---------------------

NRC shielding the back 4. Delph linking defense and attack. Sidwell has freedom to get forward into the box. Went for Heskey over Gabby To hold the ball up and bring Sidwell and Milner into play but if it isn't working bring Gabby on second half for Heskey as well as Young for Albrighton and play Milner, Young and Gabby as an attacking 3.