Peace Cup - Juventus - 2009/08/02 @ 21:00 - Match thread

BOF

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the Americans be commentating again?

And what did 'Jack Woodward's' email say? I wasn't paying attention.

The commentator said, "we've got an e-mail here from a Jack Woodward, he's from the UK and here in the US on holiday, apparently he really likes the way we call the game".

I think the text of the e-mail basically said that he was enjoying the commentary and that it would be great if they could commentate on a few games in the UK cos all of the Britsh commentators are dull.

So, who's gonna write in tonight and what will it say? :D

Somebody send one from a David O' Leary.....about how bad he villa fan representation is in Spain and how they must be all fickle.

I was responsible for the Jack email and bloody delighted with my handiwork. Unfortunetly I'll be watching todays match down the pub so no opportunity for email frollics on my end.

My suggestion if the same two clowns are commenting use names of former players they wont have of such as Bosko Balaban, Colin Calderwood, Mark Kinsella, Stefan Moore, Peter Enckelman, etc.

Juventus: Buffon, Zebina, Legrottaglie, Chiellini, Molinaro, Camoranesi, Melo, Zanetti, Giovinco, Iaquinta, Trezeguet

Is that the same Trezeguet that looked utter tripe at Wet Spam last year? TBH, that team does not look a patch on previous Juve teams..... but then again I glance back at the Villa team!

Juventus: Buffon, Zebina, Legrottaglie, Chiellini, Molinaro, Camoranesi, Melo, Zanetti, Giovinco, Iaquinta, Trezeguet

Is that the same Trezeguet that looked utter tripe at Wet Spam last year? TBH, that team does not look a patch on previous Juve teams..... but then again I glance back at the Villa team!

Trezeguet is sulking at the moment so i wouldn;t expect much. Iaquinta has not been much better - he is a shadow of the player that was banging them in at the end of last season.

I would have preferred ADP and Amauri up front and Tiago in midfield.

I'm very suprised Davies is playing...TBH I'd just like a good performance from Sidwell, NRC and Albrington and ff we can keep the score respectable I'll be happy.

So who is good for Juventus as I am not familar with from 2-10 as I am not an italian football expert. I know the goalkeeper and french striker.

Giovinco is our gem - he is an incredible talent but rarely gets any playing time. He's a natural playmaker and slots in behind the front two.

Melo is our new signing and he's cost us a fortune, mostly based on his confederations cup performance's. He'll play in front of the back four and break up the attacks.

Chiellini is the rock in the back four - very talented, reads the game well but has a temper and makes some rash tackles.

So who is good for Juventus as I am not familar with from 2-10 as I am not an italian football expert. I know the goalkeeper and french striker.

Zebina's not fantastic.

Legrottaglie's pretty good.

Chiellini is very very good and a bit of a hard tackler IIRC.

Camoranesi is starting to show his age but is still a massive threat. A bit of clearing in the woods though.

Melo's a really highly rated DM, paid big money for him and he's showing his worth already I think.

Giovinco is an incredible talent, really dangerous, can make something of absolutely nothing, and is about 5ft tall.

Iaquinta is a quality striker, got a good shot and is big and quite strong.

Others not so sure on.

Basically, Juve are pretty much quality across the board. Giovinco will cause us trouble and has to be watched like a hawk.

I've done what I did for the Porto match (and would only ever do in friendlies) and put a bet on our opponents winning. So, I'll definitely be supporting Villa, but the only result completely lacking in positives would be a Juventus win on penalties.