Peace Cup - Juventus - 2009/08/02 @ 21:00 - Match thread

BOF

For a start Luke Young, Agbonlahor and Gardner are not in the squad, and Petrov has gone home injured. We have a lot of youngsters who have never played a Premier League match. They were too much for Porto, but I think Juventus would be one step too far for us...

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Lichaj definitely suspended?

Are we stupid enough to make Davies play?

A lot of places seem to be reporting Albrighton as having two yellows, is it a definite that he only has one BOF?

Without him:

------------------Guzan------------------

Herd-----Cuellar--------Clark----Shorey

Young---Reo Coker---Sidwell---Bannan

----------Carew----Weimann------------

subs: Friedel, Parish, Lowry, Harewood and erm?

With him:

------------------Guzan------------------

Herd-----Cuellar--------Clark----Shorey

Albrighton--Reo Coker---Sidwell--Young

-----------------Bannan-------------------

------------------Carew-------------------

subs: Friedel, Parish, Lowry, Harewood, Weimann and erm?

*EDIT -Completely forgot Osbourne, not sure it makes a massive amount of difference, but there you go.

Is Lichaj definitely suspended?

Are we stupid enough to make Davies play?

A lot of places seem to be reporting Albrighton as having two yellows, is it a definite that he only has one BOF?

I have him as being booked in the Porto game and that's it. I used the O/S minute by minute as my guide (perhaps foolishly??).

Lichaj and Albrighton were both booked v Porto. Lichaj for **** knows what, and Albrighton for having the temerity to fling his chest into Hulk's hands.

Gary Gardner, Dominik Hofbauer and James Collins will all link up with Martin O'Neill's first team squad for the Peace Cup final tomorrow.

The young trio have been granted permission by tournament organisers to join the Villa party to replace the injured Stiliyan Petrov, Jonathan Hogg and Luke Young.

Gary is the younger brother of Craig and has played a starring role in midfield for both the reserve and youth teams over the past few seasons alongside Hofbauer, a compatriot of Andreas Weimann.

James Collins has been prolific for the academy sides over the past few seasons.

Click

MON resisted the urge the to add the U-21 trio anyway. Seems like he would have been allowed.

Pretty much ^ but with Cuellar at CB and a youngster at RB

But if Lachaj is suspended, who else is qualified to play at RB? I don't know much about a couple of the youngsters and where they can actually play.

Herd has played at right back a fair bit but is more of a centre midfielder.

If there is any chance that Curtis will make his injury worse he shouldn't play. In fact, if it's a recurring shoulder problem he should be getting surgery.

Something like this is very possible:

............Guzan

Lichtaj (Clark) Cuellar Davies (Herd) Shorey

Albrighton Sidwell NRC Young

...................Bannan

................. Carew

Or Bannan Where Young is, vice versa. Weimann could get a chance ahead of Bannan and get Carews knockdowns. Interested in seeing more from the Austrian. Albrighton to play for sure and same with NRC I hope.