Parma Violets

tonyh29

Parma Violets ?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Parma Violets ?

• Yum Yum
    • I'd rather eat Parma Ham

having just scoffed a bucket load of them are they the best sweet ever ?(not counting chocolate)

Still can't work out if there is something ghey about eating delicately flavoured perfumed sweets though ??

anyway like them or love them

Parma Violets are disgusting. When I was a kid and we used to go to the cornershop to get a 10p mix (or a two shilling mix in Bicks's case) they were always the sweet that nobody wanted. Sweets that taste like an old lady's hand bag, who thought that was a good idea?!

Parma Violets are disgusting. When I was a kid and we used to go to the cornershop to get a 10p mix (or a two shilling mix in Bicks's case) they were always the sweet that nobody wanted. Sweets that taste like an old lady's hand bag, who thought that was a good idea?!

At least for two shillings they use to put full sized sweets into our mixes :P

Mmmmmmmmmm Old lady's handbag

seriously though risso do you eat a lot of handbags ?

If its possible, I can think of an Artisan Glacier in Nice that could make Ice cream out of it

Fenoccio's its called if ever you go and yes they do Violet flavour Ice Cream, along with lavender which is even better, though the two do make a nice combination pour deux boules

(and don't confuse the place for Pinnoccio's which is vastly inferior and just about next door. The real place is the one with the queue)

Police are looking for a man with a shaved head, moustache and long pointed beard, claiming to have lots of nice puppies to give away and smelling of parma violets. He is said to have beautifully-manicured hands and has been described as "firm but gentle and ever so persuasive".

link

My mother thought I was stark raving mad when I used to say that A tasted like the smell of B. So it fills me with a warm glow to see that either:

1) there are people saying similar things about parma violets & old ladies' handbags.

or

2) only Risso saying such things but other people understanding what he means.

If my old Mum were still alive I'd show her this thread.

Taste and smell are very much connected aren't they? The smell of certain kinds of varnish and the taste of pear drops.

For many years I lived within the boundaries of Wandsworth, London SW18, between Earlsfield Station and Southfields (District Line). Nearby there was something called The Wandle, a river apparently which ran down to the Thames and gave off the most amazing stench. At that time (late 60s, early to mid 70s) Youngs, the local brewers, produced an excrescence jokingly called Saxon Lager, which very clearly tasted like the smell of the Wandle.

Which is probably why they discontinued making it.

Â