Peace Cup - Atlante - 2009/07/29 - Ratings and reactions.

OutByEaster?

He applauded because it was a good pass. He intended on reaching Weimann with it.
Watching it on a stream there was a close-up and I thought that's what Robbo was applauding. I wasn't really looking upfield. But yes, you're right. It was me who was thinking nice one son, long ball into the corner, but in fact it wasn't really going for the flag as I'd assumed.

That's right. But it was also good to see the coaching staff encouraging an attacking move at that stage of the game, rather than timewasting.

Only caught the last 30 mins. Massive step forward compared with the Malaga game. Albrighton looked great and the defence looked composed as they defended the lead. I iked Cuellar a lot, and NRC.

Those people saying we are nowhere near ready to play a Premiership match seem to be overooking thed fact that, in terms of our preparation, we ARE a long way off playing our first match. We haven't even got our full existing squad together yet, we are looking to buy new players, and there area a few more warm up matches to go.

People should get off the team's back.

Disgraceful refereeing. The Hulk denied an absolute stonewall penalty and his team-mate then booked for 'dissent' after the ref bottles it.

I'm warming to Ray Hudson, despite his often sounding like a Geordie darts caller all too proud of his barely intelligible regional accent. But the poor guy. About 80% of what flowed from the lips of the American main commentator was factually incorrect. Wor Ray had his work cut out putting the poor guy right as he wibbled on about the "Premier League" and its Big Three, etc. And "Phil" didn't like being contradicted either. Let's describe the match, not listen to you correcting me.

I can forgive his American Soccer Terminology. After all, he's an American and he's presumably speaking to an American audience. But oh dear, where on earth does he get his factoids from?

El H

Sorry. I can just catch "rumor" and he says Johnson will have no place at City, but that bit of the clip omits the beginning of the sentence. And he sounds like a Mexican. Haven't had the pleasure of listening to too many Hispano-Americans lately!

Cheers. I thought maybe he had some juicy inside info about Johnson being in the stands ready to sign for the mighty Villa, but I realise I might be clutching at straws. :winkold:

Just found it a bit odd talking about Michael Johnson in a Villa match.

Here

3 good finishes and an excellent cross by Albrighton for the 3rd.

Oh, and can anyone with an A in Spanish (sled?) please explain to me what the commentator is on about, talking about Michael Johnson and Manchester City?

cheers for the vid. Albrighton's cross is fantastic!

No credit for Sidwell's ball through to Albrighton? Think it was him anyway. Looked very composed.

I'm not his biggest fan but credit where credit's due.

Porto have been a class above, but while it's 0-0 it only takes a second, and Besiktas are starting to press now that Nihat is on.

No credit for Sidwell's ball through to Albrighton? Think it was him anyway. Looked very composed.

I'm not his biggest fan but credit where credit's due.

twas a fine pass

Guzan - 8 - Looked good. A couple of good saves and seemed to be very vocal

Lichaj - 6 - played ok but made a few mistakes. Hopefully he can improve

Shorey - 6 - played ok

Davies - 6 - Made a good block but didn't seem to be fully there tonight

Cuellar - 8 - Played well

NRC - 9 - Had a good game. Won alot of balls and showed some good touches but at times his passing was dreadful

Sidwell - 7 - Ok, seemed to come and go during the match

Young - 7 - Good finish and worked hard when up front on his own but didn't show his true class

Albrighton - 9 - Looked very good. I hope to see more of him

Heskey - 6 - Wasn't up to much but did win us the 2 free kicks for the first 2 goals

Carew - 7 - Good finish for the goal but seemed to drift to the wings too much and could have worked harder

Link

Petrov's absence will be a severe blow to Villa and increases the need for new signings before the season starts in little more than two weeks' time. "It was very much the low point of the night," said O'Neill, whose side secured the two-goal victory they needed to reach the semi-finals of the Peace Cup and collect a guaranteed £450,000 in prize money. "The doctor put his shoulder back in immediately but we don't know at this minute just how much damage has been done. It's a concern."