Peace Cup: FC Porto a 2009/07/31 Match Thread

limpid

Good point Mark. I haven't heard anything and MON did say they'd sit out the tourney. It'd be a nice shot in the arm for the squad though. We badly need some options up front. Carew & Heskey don't work at all.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if Gabby, Milner and Gardner have flown out to Spain to join up with the rest of the squad given they have been back in training for a few days now? There fitness level should be good anyway given that they didn't finish with the under 21s until the end of June.

They arent in the squad.

I am under the impression that like most tournaments you cant change your squad once it is underway

Well I'm hoping that the players will take courage and confidence from the win and second half performance from the other night. Win lose or draw tonight, just do us proud boys.

Yes, I expect both clubs to show respects to Sir Bobby.

And one to watch, Gabby? Can't see that one! Unless he has flown out, but it doesn't seem so.

I think we'll lose this one, possibly quite heavily. Porto are a good team, and we're depleted to say the least. Some of our best players, such as Carew, probably won't last the full 90. It's the first time I've ever put a bet on Villa to lose tonight (and I'd never do that in a non-friendly match). So I still want Villa to win, but at least I get a bit of money if Porto do, as I predict.

If Cuellar fares well against Hulk, we could well have our Laursen replacement ready made, he's an absolute beast physically, I'd consider playing the Hare at CB just to stop him.

Oh and I'd rather see a Carew - Harewood front 2 than Carew - Heskey. It's awful to watch. Pity The Fonz isn't here for this.

I think we'll lose this one, possibly quite heavily.

Oh great....I've got loads of stress on currently and this is EXACTLY what I needed to read??

I was actually looking forward to tonight's game after keeping an eye on cricket at Edgbaston today..

Oh well....

:bonk: :wave:

Porto: Nuno, Alves, Pereira, Roque, Fucile, Meireles, Guarin, Reges, Falcao, Gonzalez, Varela. Subs: Helton, Beto, Benitez, Fonseca, Andre, Belluschi, Valeri, Costa, Lopes, Prediger, Rodriguez, Hulk, Farias.

Peace Cup Preview: Aston Villa - Porto

Neither side look set to front a full-strength team, but with a €2 million first prize on the line, could it all be a ruse?

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Aston Villa - Gabriel Agbonlahor: The pacy striker has yet to score in Villa's pre-season campaign. And after a slump in form at the end of last term, the England international will no doubt be looking to start notching up some goals.

Gabby eh :)

Click.

That is actually genius.

Yeah Gabby you prick, start scoring some goals.

Gabby out.

Porto: Nuno, Alves, Pereira, Roque, Fucile, Meireles, Guarin, Reges, Falcao, Gonzalez, Varela. Subs: Helton, Beto, Benitez, Fonseca, Andre, Belluschi, Valeri, Costa, Lopes, Prediger, Rodriguez, Hulk, Farias.

Very strong team

Edit.. mean bench

Very strong team

We're going to get beat pretty convincingly IMO.

This team can't keep a clean sheet for shit. Interested to see Cuellar - Davies though.

Very strong team

We're going to get beat pretty convincingly IMO.

This team can't keep a clean sheet for shit. Interested to see Cuellar - Davies though.

But F*ck that, we are going to see Falcao :)