Peace Cup: Malaga a 2009/07/25 Reaction & Ratings

RA19

What we should also remember is that a majority of our players are getting paid above the average annual salary every week to be professional footballers in the best league in the world, I didn't see anything tonight to suggest that a majority of them should be playing above league 1...

over reaction ...

It was a pre season friendly

mistake for the goal apart Lichaj looked quite good and Osbourne did some skills :shock: and looked very energetic when he came on

Sidwell and Reo-Coker just coasted around but I still don't believe Reo-Coker will be here a the start of the season anyway

Every time we had possession it was a hopeful pass or a stab at the ball, no one can get hold of it retain possession and pick a pass or go round the opposition.

Yes I was thinking that as well parrotandglue and it has been a long standing problem that needs looking at.

What you have to remember is that the game was the first bit of action for most of our senior players

Yes, Shillzz but was that not much the same or more so for Malaga?

Watched the game and it was hard when you are very tired, need a shower in 60 minutes to refresh myself and I not miss anything.

Poor result, performance and game but 2 bright promises from Eric and Marc.

Malaga is used to playing in their environment while we are not used to play in the heat or at 9.30 pm at night. It is past some player's bedtime.

Every time we had possession it was a hopeful pass or a stab at the ball, no one can get hold of it retain possession and pick a pass or go round the opposition.

Yes I was thinking that as well parrotandglue and it has been a long standing problem that needs looking at.

What you have to remember is that the game was the first bit of action for most of our senior players

Yes, Shillzz but was that not much the same or more so for Malaga?

Not sure, you may be right.

Worryingly, I actually believe if you put a couple of their players in our side for say Sidwell and/or Reo Coker we would do better!

We have too many boring, defensive, safe, english, talentless, visionless, overpaid, underachieving players and no-one to create save Young. As long as we only have Young, he will be double marked as teams know we have no other option.

Forget, Jurado, Van De Vaart, Sneijder, Moutinho, etc... Just sign any 20 year old spanish/portuguese 2nd division player, they will probably have more talent than our current bunch...

Its not just us, look how Man U got f*cked by Barca or re-watch the last 2 England vs Spain games, they just have so much more skill with the ball. Our essentially English midfield may win us praise with the press, but it will win us sweet FA at football...

Since it was an early pre season match, I was only interested in two things:

1) To see Albrighton and find out if he is the prospect he has been bigged up to be

2) To see how our central midfield played.

I liked what I saw from Albrighton.

I did not like what I saw from our central midfielders and I am 100% sure we will buy a new player who can lift this position, because it is a huge need for someone else than Petrov and Sidwell/Reo Coker.

I thought it was a typical pre-season game. Didn't expect much and didn't get much. Malaga looked well organised. The one disappointment perhaps was that we were out-played by a team well behind us in their own pre-season preparations. Tonight was their first game and they played a lot of youth. By contrast it was our 3rd game and we played a very strong line-up.

Oh well, it looks like we'll be home early now and ON can wrap up the rest of his transfers earlier than he might have done otherwise.

I thought it was a typical pre-season game. Didn't expect much and didn't get much. Malaga looked well organised. The one disappointment perhaps was that we were out-played by a team well behind us in their own pre-season preparations. Tonight was their first game and they played a lot of youth. By contrast it was our 3rd game and we played a very strong line-up.

Oh well, it looks like we'll be home early now and ON can wrap up the rest of his transfers earlier than he might have done otherwise.

Interesting that you say that, yet Young, Carew, Heskey and Petrov were also playing in there first game.

Reaction? I've got to be honest, i was thoroughly ashamed at some of the stuff i've read in the match thread. Makes Newcastle fans look rational.

What we should also remember is that a majority of our players are getting paid above the average annual salary every week to be professional footballers in the best league in the world, I didn't see anything tonight to suggest that a majority of them should be playing above league 1...

What a ridiculous thing to post.

Lets moan about losing a pre season game because they get paid lots of money and therefore should of course win every game they ever play in.

These games are there to get players up to match fitness, if we win great if we don't who cares.

Do you think barcelona or real madrid fans are worried and slagging off their players because they earn loads of money. I saw £80 million ronaldo jog around against shamrock rovers doing a couple of flicks every now and then, should madrid fans hammer him for not scoring goals and earning the large amounts of money he is being paid?

The reactions in this thread show once again how much some villa fans just love to have a moan.