Finders Keepers

tonyh29

What would you have done with the 30K Lottery Ticket  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you have done with the 30K Lottery Ticket

• Finders Keepers Losers Weepers
    • Handed it in

In Massachusetts, if you have a winning ticket of an amount that requires you to go to the lottery headquarters, you need to sign the back of the ticket. So whenever I buy a lottery ticket, I sign it, so if I lose it, it can't be cashed in buy someone else.

Hand it in, you can`t get away with it anyway!
Depends really.

How many people saying hand it in would actually hand in the ticket if it was a lucky dip? A ticket that the person who dropped it has zero idea of the numbers, and will never know if it won or not, and so has no reason to ever report it as missing?

well, I left my ipod on a train on monday. I assumed the worst, but was persuaded to ring up the lost and found at the end station a few days later - and lo it had been handed in - so in that light yes I would hand the ticket in! :lol:

I'd hand an ipod in or a phone tbh.

but not a lottery ticket for 30k.

weird that.

That's cause finding and keeping a phone means you have to sell it for a tenner in the pub and that makes you a spiv whereas cashing a £30k ticket makes you a winner.

I'd hand an ipod in or a phone tbh.

but not a lottery ticket for 30k.

weird that.

That's cause finding and keeping a phone means you have to sell it for a tenner in the pub and that makes you a spiv whereas cashing a £30k ticket makes you a winner.

I think it might be that I don't see the lottery ticket as a possesion, like money. If it was a phone, i'd simply return it, but if I found £10, 100, 1000 pound i'd keep it. like the lottery ticket!

To be fair, he came back and said thank you a day or 3 later.

This is said tongue in cheek yes?

Didn't throw you £100 no? I'd have been very pissed off. He's doing the Lotto so he is already being taxed for being an idiot. He should have to pay the higher rate of not even winning if he gets the right numbers, for not checking his ticket properly.

There was a story in Ireland recently where a man bought a lotto ticket in a shop, but didn't pick it up when he was leaving. The gent behind the counter kept the ticket for him and it won €350,000. The next day he called the man and told him to come in to collect his ticket.

How much of a cut would you give the gent? Would you have given it to him at all? It sounds like you would definitely get away with it

Â