Peace Cup: Atlante a 2009/07/29 Match thread

limpid

but if we win (by two goals) we will be in the semi-finals of a tournament with Porto, Juventus and Real Madrid, which would be fun to see.

Which is what we have to lose...

So come on villa, I want so see Reo-coker taking Ronaldo out of the game (again) on Sunday :-)

Friedel isn't on the bench either, must be injured:

Villa: Guzan; Lichaj, Davies, Cuellar, Shorey; Reo-Coker, Sidwell, Petrov, Young; Carew, Heskey. Subs: Parish, Clark, Lowry, Osbourne, Bannan, Herd, Hogg, Harewood, Weimann, Albrighton.

I think Maldonado is the main threat for Atlante, but I don't really know that for sure!

I havent got a bloody clue what to expect from this. I'd hope we'd win, but I think I'll accept something a bit more exciting than the last affair. At least it doesn't matter. Even if we win we're going out next round, albeit to a more world reknowned name.

Even if we win we're going out next round, albeit to a more world reknowned name.

It'd be nice to see just how we fare against that calibre of team though.

don't underestimate the heat here - will really play a major factor due to the way we play - our usual style of pace and crossing is not really suited to 80 degree heat. I have a horrid feeling the mexicans will pass it around on the desk patiently and grind us down. let's hope not.

And I know it doesn't belong here, but for the first time in ages, i've got a decent stream to watch it!

Friedel isn't on the bench either, must be injured:

Villa: Guzan; Lichaj, Davies, Cuellar, Shorey; Reo-Coker, Sidwell, Petrov, Young; Carew, Heskey. Subs: Parish, Clark, Lowry, Osbourne, Bannan, Herd, Hogg, Harewood, Weimann, Albrighton