Peace Cup: Malaga a 2009/07/25 Match Thread

limpid

Guest Ricardomeister

If we could pass the ball then the heat would not be an issue...if you hoof it or give it away that means more running. Only pre-season but still a little concerning. Albrighton plus Friedel and Lichaj (apart from the goal) were ok but hardly outstanding imo, but the rest were all rubbish. Let's hope for a better showing next time.

I didnt think we played well but only an imbecile would make a comment like that based on our 3rd pre season game in 35 degree heat missing some of our best players and playing a handful of players who have played less than 2 first team games.....ridiculous over-reaction

get a grip its a friendly

Not very good are we?

I do realise that, so you think we were good do you, it seems it isn't me that need to get a grip.

Eh? So you admit we weren't very good and agree with me then call me an imbecile...

I think you should probably look closer to home when implying somebody is an imbecile.

Absolutely farcical over-reaction to a post stating what we all thought about the game...

Some people. :bang:

They seemed quite confrontational some of the Malaga players seeing as it was only a Friedel.

This made me laugh more than it should have.

:P That horrible error must be lodged deep into my subconcious mind.

Meh.

Didn't make for an exciting viewing but hey, it's pre season. There's flaws there, there's time to fix them still.

Lichaj impressed me but isn't quite there yet. Albrighton looks like he could step up and looks bloody keen to do so, some lovely stuff from him. Bit more experience and he'll be an asset. Osbourne looks to have more about him as well, even if he still didn't set the world on fire.

I also think that match was somewhat an example of how much Gabby is vital to us. Even if it looks like he's not really doing much, he's keeping their defence on their toes and had he been there tonight I reckon we'd have looked a bit better. Same goes for Milner really as well.

I agree that Gabby is very important. People will have to eat their harsh words when he is banging in the goals again.

He actually had 8 assists last season, which is very decent. Only 10 players in the Premier League had more assists than Agbonlahor!