London Villa fans?

LondonLax

• 3 years later...

Is anyone based in London a member of the Lions club?

Being able to count the total number of Villa fans I know on my thumbs, I quite like the idea of getting to know a couple of people that I can do Villa stuff with - e.g. I had two tickets to the Arsenal game, but no one to go with. Likewise if I want to go to a home game, it would be nice to have a pool of people to potentially go with. Certainly doesn't need to be as a member of an actual club, but this seems like the easiest way.

This isn't that relevant as most of the time I'm a loner when I watch football and prefer to sit on my own so I can properly follow it. Would be nice to have the option to be social every now and again though!

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

Being a London-based Villa fan, I thought I'd resurrect this thread!

Anyone generally around? And also, has anyone checked out the Villa bar near Elephant and Castle? I think it's called Feed The Yak.

9 hours ago, newhamvilla said:

Anyone generally around? And also, has anyone checked out the Villa bar near Elephant and Castle? I think it's called Feed The Yak.

Lived in London before moving, I'd be open with meeting some supporters whenever I'm visitng family. I'll try and get to that bar!

I'm based in London near City airport/canary wharf, im a ST holder and am going to VP straight from work tommorow but would be cool to go to a pub, have a few beers and watch some of the away games i dont get tickets for with some of you!

On 07/04/2024 at 11:46, newhamvilla said:

I am! Plenty of Villans in London to be fair, pretty sure there is a supporters club as well. 

I remember when I first moved to London (about 15 years ago) it was dead easy to get tickets for all the London away games through official channels. I went to Palace, Fulham, West Ham etc all just by booking through avfc.com. Now its basically impossible to get a ticket .. shame really. 

Not heard of that pub ... but will look it up! 

1 hour ago, handsworthvilla said:

I am! Plenty of Villans in London to be fair, pretty sure there is a supporters club as well. 

I remember when I first moved to London (about 15 years ago) it was dead easy to get tickets for all the London away games through official channels. I went to Palace, Fulham, West Ham etc all just by booking through avfc.com. Now its basically impossible to get a ticket .. shame really. 

Not heard of that pub ... but will look it up! 

Ah! Been in London a similar amount of time to me then. Nice.

Went to Feed The Yak last night. FULL of Villa fans. It's on Sayer Street in Elephant. Check it out. 

Theres very active north, east, south and west london lions clubs that all meet for home games and always ask for full ballot for all away games.

Best bet is follow the facebook groups for the meets. They post most stuff up there! 

• Like 1

As someone who grew up in London and held an interest in Villa before 'officially' supporting, I was annoyed by but understood the "why Villa?" question in an age where Chelsea were very good and also not far from where I lived. Now, after moving out of the city, I have had people online calling me a bandwagoner etc. Hope nobody else on this thread has experienced the latter but to be honest I don't really care at the moment. Regardless of where someone is from, if they are Villa they are part of the family.

Edited by HeroesAndVillans

5 hours ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

As someone who grew up in London and held an interest in Villa before 'officially' supporting, I was annoyed by but understood the "why Villa?" question in an age where Chelsea were very good and also not far from where I lived. Now, after moving out of the city, I have had people online calling me a bandwagoner etc. Hope nobody else on this thread has experienced the latter but to be honest I don't really care at the moment. Regardless of where someone is from, if they are Villa they are part of the family.

Ah **** em mate, who gives a shite! Alot of the london lions like myself are ex pat brummies. But also plenty of none brummies too, all welcome. Get yourself to a meet up! Glad to have ya. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Ah **** em mate, who gives a shite! Alot of the london lions like myself are ex pat brummies. But also plenty of none brummies too, all welcome. Get yourself to a meet up! Glad to have ya. 

Will absolutely have to get to a meeting next time I'm back in the city!

Just now, HeroesAndVillans said:

Will absolutely have to get to a meeting next time I'm back in the city!

We’re pretty well supported across london tbh, i see shirts fairly regularly. Where did you move to? Might be one there. 

• Like 1

Just now, spiezels said:

We’re pretty well supported across london tbh, i see shirts fairly regularly. Where did you move to? Might be one there. 

I moved to Worcestershire, heading into the Black Country this summer though as our current place was only temporary.

Hoping to regularly attend games next season.

• Like 1

I used to travel to games in the 80's and 90's with the London Lions  , we'd meet at Euston and get cheap rail tickets to the games  

I bump into a few faces at matches from time to time but no idea if the club is still going or any of them are around  , I think sadly a few of the members have passed away  and one of them bizarrely has started support Crystal Palace instead ,

but they were great days , used to meet the London Wolves club on the train and have a good old time with them  

On 12/04/2024 at 22:16, newhamvilla said:

Ah! Been in London a similar amount of time to me then. Nice.

Went to Feed The Yak last night. FULL of Villa fans. It's on Sayer Street in Elephant. Check it out. 

Must check that out. I'm further south, but it's not too bad to get to.

Went to feed the yak tonight in south London, absolutely brilliant atmosphere. Only way I could catch the game was if I went from my workplace in Surrey to London Waterloo and then to elephant and castle and the short walk to the venue. Really glad I went as met some top people and the atmosphere was as loud as anything I’ve seen recently at VP tbh! Will be sure to get back there for any away games I can’t get tickets for 

• Thanks 1

Â