FIFA 10

Si.

What console/system do you play FIFA 10 on?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. What console/system do you play FIFA 10 on?

• PS3
    • PC
    • Wii
    • PS2
    • PSP

I'm very impressed with the demo, had a few games yesterday and I'm very impressed with the movement of the players. There are a few little things that need to be ironed out, but I'm sure when the game is released they will have been.

PES are going to have to come out with something incredibly special to beat this IMO.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the first time in a looong while, I'm actually pleasantly surprised by a FIFA demo. Every single year I've given them a few plays and gone away feeling 'yeah... still nowhere near PES' (apart from last year where it was more like 'PES sucks this year, but FIFA still sucks a bit more').

They seem to have got the engine right this year and it no longer feels like players are hovering around over the pitch with the manoeuvring ability of a Volvo on an ice rink. They have finally conjured up something that I'd consider 'solid'.

There are still a few things that annoy me about the game (like not being able to increase your power bar any further once you've let go of shoot/lob) but I would definitely consider picking this up if Konami are going to come out with the dross they have been for the last couple of years (apart from the Wii versions of PES which are fantastic, but ultimately a bit too different).

Konami are going to come out with the dross they have been for the last couple of years (apart from the Wii versions of PES which are fantastic, but ultimately a bit too different).

Agree with that.

Is the demo available on the ps3?

Yep, it's on the PlayStation Store right now, has been since Thursday.

Really liking it, the one aspect which I was eager to get my hands on was the 360 degree dribbling which has not disappointed. Although it's a few builds old, it feels really good to control, and I'm having a lot of fun tormenting teams with Iniesta and Messí.

Played 2 matches now and i'm really impressed. Gabby, Ash, Carew & Friedel all looking spot on. Squads not fully updated yet Collins is with Villa but dunne still at City. Delph is in starting line up but that can be changed. Thankfully no keep right on in every game you play. Just played Villa vs Blues on b.a.p and crowd singing my old man. :D Shame theres no Villa Park in the game. Hopefully it will be avalible to download in the future. Gameplay feels so much smoother. Overall great game :thumb:

Played 2 matches now and i'm really impressed. Gabby, Ash, Carew & Friedel all looking spot on. Squads not fully updated yet Collins is with Villa but dunne still at City. Delph is in starting line up but that can be changed. Thankfully no keep right on in every game you play. Just played Villa vs Blues on b.a.p and crowd singing my old man. :D Shame theres no Villa Park in the game. Hopefully it will be avalible to download in the future. Gameplay feels so much smoother. Overall great game :thumb:

How are you playing it already?

This is one of my favourites off the demo.

The games usualy go to the shops upto 2 weeks before release. So gets leaked early. Hoping for an early MW2.

I take that back, there is something different about movement, I seem to be able to get players to go where I want them to, its not like just going forward / backward / left / right, there is more to it. Scored a cracker just now, a one two in midfield between Lampard and Malouda, a ball to Drogba, used RB to skip over it, leave defender nowhere and smash it in from edge of area. Cracking.

The games usualy go to the shops upto 2 weeks before release. So gets leaked early. Hoping for an early MW2.

Those look good, what kind of stats have the Villa players got?

Lobbing, free kicks very easy to score from!

Enjoying it after being a pro evo boy.

Pro Evo still feels more in control of the players, more weight to compared to the feather feel in FIFA.

Think FIFA is better game though, will be buying both.

Easiest way to score from free kicks (well it was easy in 09 and seems to have carried forward to 10) is to aim at the side of the goal that isn't covered by the wall, aim for just inside the post, then just hit it straight. Hold L1 and triangle which makes them drill it hard, and as long as you get a decent height on it then it goes in 90% of the time I reckon.

Â