FIFA 10

Si.

What console/system do you play FIFA 10 on?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. What console/system do you play FIFA 10 on?

• PS3
    • PC
    • Wii
    • PS2
    • PSP

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a few games on the demo earlier and i think they have done a great job, players seem to play like they would in real life and the gameplay is fluid so it has won me over.

I haven't bought a footie game in a while as to be honest they have been arse, i have just been updating an older version of PES which was fun in itself but having heard good things about Fifa 09 and sampled 10 now i reckon i will make the purchase when its eventually released.

Just went mates to play Demo, played about 10 games, excellent IMO and in my opinion will be tougher. Too easy on 09 to just use a pacey player to knock it and go past anyone really, can't really do this on Fifa 10, the dribbling reminds me of Old pro games, and the players are far more equally paced, obviously some players are quicker but not like 09 where Agbonlahor could knock it 10 yards and catch about 6 yards on a defender. The passing is awesome, love some of the passes and the shooting is far more realistic. Can be fustrating but let's be honest, on 09 you just finesed the shot around the box and it mainly forced a keeper into a great save or scored, I found it almost impossible to score from outside the box with just a normal powerful striker and 3 times today in about the 8 games, there were absolutle screamers, one even by Carvalho which is a decent rate, there were also alot of shots from distance which were well, well wide which generally happens!

once this is actually released and also football manager, I doubt i'll see my mates for a good 2/3 months.

Just went mates to play Demo, played about 10 games, excellent IMO and in my opinion will be tougher. Too easy on 09 to just use a pacey player to knock it and go past anyone really, can't really do this on Fifa 10, the dribbling reminds me of Old pro games, and the players are far more equally paced, obviously some players are quicker but not like 09 where Agbonlahor could knock it 10 yards and catch about 6 yards on a defender. The passing is awesome, love some of the passes and the shooting is far more realistic. Can be fustrating but let's be honest, on 09 you just finesed the shot around the box and it mainly forced a keeper into a great save or scored, I found it almost impossible to score from outside the box with just a normal powerful striker and 3 times today in about the 8 games, there were absolutle screamers, one even by Carvalho which is a decent rate, there were also alot of shots from distance which were well, well wide which generally happens!

once this is actually released and also football manager, I doubt i'll see my mates for a good 2/3 months.

I think the shooting will be changed slightly, if you look at the 09 demo and compare it to the real game, they are practically different games, the shooting should be tweaked slightly, as at the moment it's a bit too erratic, either daisy cutter or into the stands.

Good point about the pace though, I used Barca against Marseille, Messi couldn't just burn past there LB, good to see and strength plays a big part in this one too.

I've got to say, i think people moaning about goalkeepers should move the difficulty level up, i've seen some feedback on some gaming sites and there's a general consensus that the keepers are abit crap. I'm playing on the top level and finding the Keepers to be great, making some stunning saves.

I must have put in about 5 hours on this demo, absolutely love it. I think alot of things that made FIFA 09 annoying they've worked on. You can't simply skate through an entire team anymore, even with Messi.

Shooting feels alot better, my only downside is probably due to my inability but Heading and crossing is really tough, they've put even more emphasis on timing of headers.

yea the headers are hard i agree. All of mine seem to go over the bar lol. I like the way your player has to push the ball for it to move with him, almost like its an independent object - which it is. shooting is much better, although if powered enough still balloon over the bar a bit much for my liking.

Jostling has been really improved, today whilst running with del peiro i came under pressure from metzelder i think who was about 6 inches bigger than me, however, his weight was on del peiro's shoulders so it forced del peiro under him effectively where he slipped under the weight with the ball, skipped off and shot under the keeper. It just seemed so realistic at the time and the replays did it justice.

The refs are much better, one doing a one legged jump to let the ball under his body was nice. The cards without jumping to cut scenes are good. I had cannavaro sent off with 2 yellows and about 3 of my players crowed the ref not to give him the second yellow - with one player motioning "he got the ball" with his hands.

The collisions in tackling seem much more varied and tackling itself is good, the players aim for the ball now - they dont just go in a straight line which last year - 9 times out of 10 resulted in a booking.

the players positioning is good, i had a defender drawn to the ball which left ibrahimovic free to run into the space just created when he took one touch an smashed it into the corner.

Types of goal are much more varied, 30 yard goals are now possible which is nice. You dont alway score when 45 degs and a finesse shot anymore either.

Defenders are much more dogged this year as well, I had Terry scissor kick it off the line when someone chipped my keeper it was great to see.

so overall the upgrades to the AI are really good strides to where the game needed to go, I hope they don't play around with the speed too much before its released either its got a good flow to it now.

I'll be buying on release I think.

And we havent even mentioned the new game modes... the improved manager modes with proper transfers and player growth. I Particularly like the idea of the Virtual Pro addition where you can get your face onto your own player (which i imagine will be used in Be A Pro), i have already set mine up but its a poor quality piccy and i look a bit deranged lol.

My experiences from the Demo, well i thought it was brilliant, my 1st goal was scored from a scramble in the box and drogba was on the edge of the box and i did a quick turn and pelted it towards the bottom corner, the keeper was slightly out of position and obviously caught him unaware. Which is nice to see cos i always thought the positioning of AI keepers was annoying as you would never have been able to score that type of goal in 09.

Some good news regarding the game.

The demo that was released yesterday is 3 builds old, which basically means that is quite far away from the one that will be released in 3 week. Good, because right now the graphics are way off, the players run weird and all look a bit lanky.

Apparently the demo that was released yesterday is where the game was about 2 or 3 month ago.

Apparently the demo that was released yesterday is where the game was about 2 or 3 month ago.

Ahh really?

I follow David Rutter on Twitter (look for Ruski) and he's the producer of the game.

He says this demo is about 80% complete.

I dont think the graphics will change much though, they said they wanted to concentrate on improving gameplay this year not the graphics which to be fair, I dont think are bad at all.

I think the running styles are much better - there are 3 in total for different types of player (big an strong, medium builds and smaller guys like ash and lennon)

the full game should be cracking - and like some of you i'm looking forward to the manager mode.

Last year I used Marseille and they were fun to play with because of the 4-3-3 they use you really had to play slowly and wait for your midfield to catch up with you.

Hopefully we'll be getting more information on leagues soon as well, fingeres crossed for Argie leagues I think

Ahh really?

I follow David Rutter on Twitter (look for Ruski) and he's the producer of the game.

He says this demo is about 80% complete.

I dont think the graphics will change much though, they said they wanted to concentrate on improving gameplay this year not the graphics which to be fair, I dont think are bad at all.

I think the running styles are much better - there are 3 in total for different types of player (big an strong, medium builds and smaller guys like ash and lennon)

the full game should be cracking - and like some of you i'm looking forward to the manager mode.

Last year I used Marseille and they were fun to play with because of the 4-3-3 they use you really had to play slowly and wait for your midfield to catch up with you.

Hopefully we'll be getting more information on leagues soon as well, fingeres crossed for Argie leagues I think

Well the graphics for the fifa 09 demo are the same as the graphics of this demo, everybody runs a bit weird and looks a little leggy, I expected they'll have it looking perfect by the real game, like 09.

found the ref got in the way of the ball a lot...

first goal i scored was a snap shot that was saved from messi, and the keeper palmed it away from the goal, but henry reacted quick, and had an under pressure tap in...

looked realistic...

impressed so far, but it does need a little polishing...

Â