FIFA 10

Si.

What console/system do you play FIFA 10 on?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. What console/system do you play FIFA 10 on?

• PS3
    • PC
    • Wii
    • PS2
    • PSP

I'm now a FIFA man. Was a pro man through and through, but it didn't make the transition to next gen very well, and FIFA 09 finally overtook PES. Pro will need to do something very special to regain its crown.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh i dont think konami have what it takes to salvage pro evo. its a mess lately. completely static for the last 4-5 years while fifa has left it in its dirt

pro evo is still ok for a high scoring arcadey nonsensical romp, but fifa is the king of the sims

I'm now a FIFA man. Was a pro man through and through, but it didn't make the transition to next gen very well, and FIFA 09 finally overtook PES. Pro will need to do something very special to regain its crown.

I was the same. 5 years ago I wouldnt dare think of picking Fifa over Pro Evo...how times have changed.

I was the same. 5 years ago I wouldnt dare think of picking Fifa over Pro Evo...how times have changed.

Im soldiering on with pro evo. Like an old man who cant accept his dog needs putting down :winkold:

Im soldiering on with pro evo. Like an old man who cant accept his dog needs putting down :winkold:

:lol:

I got high hopes for the new Pro Evo. Surely it can only improve??

:lol:

I got high hopes for the new Pro Evo. Surely it can only improve??

I've been saying that for the last 3 or 4 years.

Kiddybloke says he is the old man who won't put his dog down, actually I think that's Konami. They seem unwilling to change anything, and any pro evo that comes out now just seems to be a rehashed version of the last one, whereas Fifa is changing and improving every year.

Konami need to realise that they need serious change to keep up with Fifa now, and getting the liscensing for the Europa league isn't good enough a change!

Definitly PES over FIFA a few years ago, but FIFA has definitly taken over now. Still not impressed with the movement of players though, it seems like they can only move in 8 directions kinda thing, very robot-like.. but it's a game and it'll never be perfect I suppose.

Really hope they scan more official goalkeeper kits in. Surely it wouldn't even be that much work, as a lot of the templates will be indentical between clubs with, say, nike kits. Programmers could create the one template, then import it to all relevant clubs and simply add on the badges/sponsors as seperate graphics for the teams in question. Bish, bash, bosh.*

Manager Mode has had a complete overhaul and from what I've read is shaping up to be something quite special indeed. Hopefully, if they're sticking with the faux "Andrei Murghu" moniker again they will at least put in the option to modify existing player's names.

*-speaking as someone with zero knowledge of computing, please feel free to point out that I am very, very wrong and silly for having such grandiose dreams.

• 3 weeks later...

Look for official gameplay footage at Gamescon in Cologone during August 19th to 23rd. Participated in capturing some of gameplay footage for our video guys and it looks sweet!!!

What I can say is there has been a lot of work done in all areas of the game since Rutter's producer tour in June. Also as mentioned the leaked footage was of gameplay 60 to 65% complete. Our gameplay team is putting in long hours to hammer out these last couple of issues which will make FIFA 10 the best ever and give you that 'Jump out of the seat moment' that makes the game great.

excellent, any more reveals on the horizon?

and any decision made on whether the set pieces will be available online? rutter was saying it didnt look like it coz he was afraid of exploits, but said there was a bit QA team working it

even being able to share them for use in single player would be a super addition

excellent, any more reveals on the horizon?

and any decision made on whether the set pieces will be available online? rutter was saying it didnt look like it coz he was afraid of exploits, but said there was a bit QA team working it

even being able to share them for use in single player would be a super addition

The next set of reveals should be at Gamescon in Cologne on August 19th. Rutter also likes to keep the community up to date via his Twitter account.

As for the Practice mode and allowing it online I can see this as a huge exploit if allowed online however that's for Rutter and the other producers to decide. I personally would like to see it available for offline only and give it a go next year online.

• 2 weeks later...

Those links on the last page show some footage, and theres an interview about changes in manager mode.

But what I've been searching for over the last few hours is to find out is what has changed in the game, have they fixed the stupid playon rule (if youre not using the standard config, it brings play back for every foul - even if you have the ball in the back of the net!).

Is there going to be a training mode - been playing for months but i still dont know how to take free kicks (where am i supposed to practice?)

Online mode - Wish I knew the skill level of my opponent before playing him so i know if i should take it easy or not.

The number of people that dicsonnect soon as they go 2-0 down is ridiculous - will they be punished? whether it be losing more rank points or perhaps a 30 minute ban?

most importantly can you play more than just a ranked game? how about being able to set up ranked knock out tournaments for people to enter through a lobby. Perhaps while you wait for your next opponent you can watch the ending of their game?

Where do I find out information like this?

Â