PEACE CUP - Discussion / Stats (Aston Villa win)

BOF

But the Amsterdam Tournament is essentially the same thing, but in Holland. And this might be in the UK next year.

It's not like the Emirates cup would have any support at all this year if you swapped Le Arse and Glasgow Blue for say, River Plate and Chicago Fire. You can't exactly blame the locals for not giving a shit.

Besides, Sky have had about three or four good pre season tournaments on this summer, much more than in the last few years!

i not so sure

IMO any game at villa park that involved a CL team and a uefa cup team would get more than 1k people watching it, but at 30 euros they priced the locals out of it

and i think the success of the crowds at amsterdam, emirates and wembley is the consecutive games

and i dont really blame sky, they more than likely went for the cheapest tournaments that pleased the most people, so again more than likely that the organisers have priced them out of it

Part of the problem is undoubtedly the cost of tickets, but I guess that has to happen if you want the stupid prize money on offer in these tournaments. Consecutive games are a good idea, and give better value for money,, perhaps something for the organisers to look at next time around!