PEACE CUP - Discussion / Stats (Aston Villa win)

BOF

any ideas on the times for KO

If the group games are anything to go by then our semi will be a British 21:30 kick off on Friday. But we'll need to confirm that.

No Kick off is at 20.30 local time on Friday, 19.30 GMT

You are right. The only way I could find to verify this was to go to ticketmaster and attempt to purchase the tickets :lol: That Peace Cup site is a load of shite.

If Villa win the cup, do they win the right to host it next year in west midlands ?

If yes, We should get Small Heath in same division with FC Porto and one of most dirtiest team in South America (probably from Uruguay).

Why in the name of **** would we invite small heath??????? :shock:

so surely they'll show Porto vs Villa and Juventus vs Real Madrid on TV somewhere?

No.

It seems Beijing against Wet Spam was far more interesting :evil:

so surely they'll show Porto vs Villa and Juventus vs Real Madrid on TV somewhere?

No.

It seems Beijing against Wet Spam was far more interesting :evil:

Which is ridiculous because its easily the best pre season tournament out there.

If Villa win the cup, do they win the right to host it next year in west midlands ?

If yes, We should get Small Heath in same division with FC Porto and one of most dirtiest team in South America (probably from Uruguay).

That doesn't seem to be the way it works, seeing as Lyon won last time.

Who do we reckon for MVP? Any candidates for top goalscorer yet?

It really is a fantastic feeling isn't it? Friendly cup? Bah, to hell with that, you can see from the reaction of MON and the players AND the number of people on Villa Talk at the moment that this really matters to us. MON and Carew going bananas, fantastic pictures of our players celebrating. You'd think we've just won the Champions League.

It's a trophy, a trophy that Juventus wanted or else they wouldn't be risking all those quality players. Fantastic for our young players, what a learning curve eh, fantastic for team spirit, and for our first teamers who know they have to perform to keep their place. And to think we've got Downing, Gabby, Milner, Petrov, Heskey, Young, Friedel, Delfouneso and perhaps 5 more players coming in.

Fast forward 5 years and we'll be champions of the world!!!

(All right I might have got slightly overboard with that last one.)

Exactly. Pre emptive modding gets us all nowhere :P

After this one assumes Hulk gets the golden boot, as said above, 3 from 3?

Are there any player-gongs, -of the tournament etc? If so, Albrighton, surely?

Yippers Hulk gets golden boot

Ashley Young won player of the tournament, he was presented with his medal and trophy before Juventus got there runners up medals...shame!!!

Personally I think it could well have gone to Albrighton or Guzan... They were outstanding throughout....but not as well known as Mr Young

That's a shame for the lad, but I suppose it's better off in Villa's hands at least!

Still can't believe we've done it! A trophy of all things! I wonder if this will make it's way onto the Roll of Honour alongside the European Cup win etc...

do any of the highlights show during the porto game where albrighton nudged hulk off the ball, followed by him trying to go chest to chest with him and get him sent off? told me everything i needed to know about him

personally IMO the whole cup was a shambles, the attendances awful, the number of locals attending was near non existant (which i believe is a spanish thing, so therefore the hosts didnt make sense) the tickets, the refs, the lack of tv coverage (i say it all the tim ebut sky need to look past the prem and start giving things like this to their very good spanish team)

hopefully we came out of it looking half decent, ash's goal in particular, and next year either this cup will be done better or we've done enough to get that amsterdam tournament invite ive always wanted