RESERVES : 09/10 stats/results thread (MU win 3-2 on pens)

BOF

For me, tonight's bench is more interesting than the starting line-up. No surprises in the 11 but it's good to see Forrester and youngster Tomos Roberts on the bench.

Beware the wounded animal in Fulham. They were very strong last season but for whatever reason this season they've started like a dog and are rock bottom. They've only played 2 though. So come on Fonz, push for a place in the seniors by sinking the Cottagers in their own (kind of) backyard!

Villa go top of the table with a comfortable 3-0 win over Fulham.

Next up our 2 closest rivals play each other and we entertain our backward cousins from up t'road :P

Arsenal         2-0       Chelsea
Craig Eastmond
Sanchez Watt

sha 2-3 Pompey
David Joyce Frederic Piquionne x 2
Liam Ridgewell Paris Cowan-Hall[/code]

Player table updated with today's starting line-up. Quite a departure from the usual starting 11. Will it be too much to keep the cohesion going ?

I'm going tonight and taking my Mum because I'm staying with her at moment looking after her after her major op to save her sight.

Have to say what an awesome job the City Eye Hospital have done, with one of the best surgeons there is apparently!

She's been very poorly guys, so I'm hoping this game cheers her up! UTV

Wasn't a great game - finished 1-1. Conceded sloppy opener but got equaliser through Craig Gardener. Had chances to win it but wasted them. Full 90 for Freddy. Needed a pacey forward - Fonz was missed.

Dropping points at home to the Dingles will be bad news come the end of the season

U sure Roberto?

Wolves had a very strong side out last night, with 2 of their best 1st team players on duty (Kightly and Ebanks-Blake).

Villa had a a relatively weak side out, due to a few players missing on international duty etc.

A good point, IMO.

Dropping points at home to the Dingles will be bad news come the end of the season

U sure Roberto?

Wolves had a very strong side out last night, with 2 of their best 1st team players on duty (Kightly and Ebanks-Blake).

Villa had a a relatively weak side out, due to a few players missing on international duty etc.

A good point, IMO.

You're both right. Rob is right that dropping points at home to Wolves could be significant at the end of the season irrespective of the fact that they had a strong team out. I can't see Arsenal drawing home to them.

Our season will be decided in the 2 games against the Arse. We now need to come out top of that head2head.

• 2 weeks later...

Our title bid is back on track. Thanks Wolves :D:thumb:

Wolves   2-2 Arsenal
G.Sunu
R.Stearman
A.Hemmings
S.Watt

Pompey 0-2 Fulham
T.Kallio
M.Uwezu[/code]

• 2 weeks later...

Stoke beat Chelsea 3-2 aswell which is another good result for us. The Arsenal O/S is saying their match was 1-0. Is it possible with the lack of commentary that we missed the 2nd goal being disallowed?