Friendly: Peterborough a 2009/07/18 Match thread

limpid

any feeds or radio streams for this game? Quite like to see a few of the young 'uns.

Also:

The senior internationals - Emile, JC, Stiliyan, Ash - are all back in training on Monday while the younger under-21 stars later than that because of the Euro Championships.

Cuellar rb again, I see. Where's Luke Young? Still injured?
I saw him training so he must be close it's probably just a precaution and to allow him as much time as possible for the bruising to completely clear.

So you claim to be ITK? Well, then I know that I for sure can't believe you. He's off to Tottenham together with Ashley, I tell you!!! :evil:

On a more serious note I think your explanation sounds very likely. Would be stupid to risk him in a game like this if he ain't really fully back from that injury.

Great news on McGurk.

VILLA:

----------------- Friedel-------------------

Cuellar -- Knight -- Davies -- Shorey;

Bannan, Sidwell, Reo-Coker ©, Albrighton,

----------Weimann, Harewood-------------

Subs: Parish, Lowry, Lichaj, McGurk, Roome, Hofbauer, Herd, Clark, Osbourne, Collins.

Surprised Weimann got the nod ahead of Collins, it's a big test for him.

A good opportunity for Bannan and Albrighton to show what they can do too.

Reo Coker as Captain is a pretty interesting shout isn't it?

No sign of Salifou, I guess that might mean his adventure is over?

I thought Leeds and Delph was in Ireland on pre-season training?

Anyway, McGurk is on the bench! Didn't he have a nasty injury? And who is Roome?

Adam McGurk has been unlucky with a couple of bad injuries . He was sent to the states to be treated by Steadman for his last injury which says a lot about the clubs commitment to young players. I watched him a fair bit for the academy and he is a very good finisher from any distance. Matthew Roome is a defender who puts himself about a bit.

gotta win today a loss would mess with heads (Fans and players)

I wouldn't be too concerned if we get too beat especially with the team we've put out.

This stage of pre season is all about fitness. I'll be happy just to avoid injuries.

Very very weird Cuellar is out at right back again. I thought MON wanted Davies and Cuellar pairing, but when he doesn't try to play them together in pre-season matches you would think he has other plans.

Very very weird Cuellar is out at right back again. I thought MON wanted Davies and Cuellar pairing, but when he doesn't try to play them together in pre-season matches you would think he has other plans.

I hope so!

We've got our two best centre halves at centre half today.