Friendly: Colchester a 2009/07/21 Match thread

limpid

Marc Albrighton is impressing again. Not sure how he'll get onto the pitch once Milner is back, especially with Ashely Young being an option on both sides once Downing is fit, but I'm sure he'll prove a very useful player at some point during this season.

Harewood has red boots on.
It must be so that the scouts notice him! :lol:

The most exciting thing is that Bobby took nearly 45 minutes to tell us this amazing fact, instead choosing to commentate on the game and throw this snippet in as part of that.

"Marlon Harewood flicks the ball on there in his red boots"

Jack would have spent the first 20 minutes discussing the shade of red and how he once had a run in with a strawberry mivvy before eventually being distracted by a floating crisp packet which would have taken him up to halftime.

As we speak, someone is driving a thousand miles with Jack in the passenger seat describing French scenery and how his French teacher at school always wore a jumper with trees on it and isn't it funny how jumpers are sometimes called sweaters even though you wear them when it's cold so you don't sweat in them.

A thousand miles.

Poor bastard.

Interesting position we are in now, if he puts the kids on we might well get trolleyed!

Depends; the kids if anything seem a better bet at the moment. I'd put Collins on and maybe Lichaj too, can't do any harm can it?

Interesting position we are in now, if he puts the kids on we might well get trolleyed!

Depends; the kids if anything seem a better bet at the moment. I'd put Collins on and maybe Lichaj too, can't do any harm can it?

Bring Albrighton back on? :lol: