• I want Barca to do it and I think they will
    • I want Barca to do it but I think Chel$ki will win
    • I want Chel$ki to do it and I think they will
    • I want Chel$ki to do it but I think Barca will win

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didn't the Sky "experts" and the English papers focus on the ref in the first match? Barcelona was robbed in that match and the penalty that should have been given would have changed yesterday's match completely.

1240952089419_20.jpg

Why didn't the Sky "experts" and the English papers focus on the ref in the first match?

They did. They mentioned it several times and they mentioned the fact that Abidal was sent off unfairly.

Chel$ki boys obviously advised to 'stick it in reverse fellas'

Drogba issues apology

Drogba issues apology

Blues star accepts he 'overreacted' against Barcelona

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has apologised for his behaviour in the wake of Wednesday's UEFA Champions League semi-final defeat to Barcelona.

The Ivory Coast international confronted match referee Tom Henning Ovrebo following the Blues' away-goals loss to Barca at Stamford Bridge.

Drogba was angered that the Norwegian official failed to award four perceived penalties in a match which saw Andres Iniesta strike in injury time to cancel out Michael Essien's opener.

Uefa is expected to investigate the incident, specifically Drogba's outburst, and the forward acknowledges that he overreacted.

He said in a statement on Chelsea's official website: "I was very upset at what happened during the game, but having seen the pictures on TV I accept that I overreacted.

Reflection

"I also fully accept that the language I used did not set a good example for those watching at home, especially children. I regret that in the heat of the moment I let out my incredible frustration and disappointment in this way, and for that I apologise."

The Blues have also commented regarding Drogba's behaviour against Spanish giants Barca.

"Chelsea welcomes Didier's statement which was made honestly and after reflection," read a statement

"We are all acutely aware of the responsibilities that lie with both the club and its players towards setting a good example as role models.

"While it is clear that some of the events last night were regrettable, they occurred only because of the high emotions and frustrations which arose from the disappointment of a controversial defeat in such an important game.

"We made representations to Uefa immediately after the game and we await the comments following a review of the match officials' report."

Bosingwa retracts 'thief' claim

Bosingwa retracts 'thief' claim

Blues defender regrets referee blast

Jose Bosingwa admits he regrets calling referee Tom Henning Ovrebo 'a thief' after Chelsea's UEFA Champions league exit to Barcelona.

Bosingwa was at the heart of Wednesday's post-match controversy as the Portuguese full-back joined team-mate Didier Drogba is labelling Ovrebo as a 'disgrace' for his officiating in the Blues' second-leg clash with Barca.

Guus Hiddink's side had four penalty appeals snubbed by the Norwegian official at Stamford Bridge before Andres Iniesta's stoppage-time equaliser saw the Catalan giants progress to the final of Europe's premier club competition on the away goals rule.

A series of furious outbursts ensued, including Bosingwa's rant, but the Chelsea man has now retracted his claims.

In a statement issued on behalf of the player to the Portuguese media, Bosingwa said: "We were all very disappointed and frustrated after the game, but I regret describing the referee as a thief. Having had some time to reflect I would like to withdraw those comments."

True Gentleman

Meanwhile Barca coach Pep Guardiola has praised captain John Terry for his behaviour after Wednesday night's last-four defeat.

Despite being Terry's third semi-final exit in the competition the Blues and England skipper visited the Barcelona dressing room and shook hands with each member of their playing and coaching staff.

It was an act of sportsmanship for which the Barca team and staff applauded him out of the room.

"I want to thank John Terry for coming into the dressing room and congratulating us," said Guardiola. "He's a true gentleman."

Good to see that it even's out, then. 2-1 in penalties shouts and 1-0 in wrong red cards. That's 2-2 :)

But if a tug on Henry's shirt when he's already falling over and the ball has already run past him is a penalty, then the Malouda and Drogba ones were stonewall penalties. So it was 3 - 1 in penalty shouts at least, not even counting the Eto'o handball....

Hahaha brilliant - bremen are 2-1 up, hamburg attacking like mad, gravgaard trying to back pass it to the keeper, the ball hits a screwed up piece of paper and he shins it out for corner, and they score!

shame i like hamburg, diego is also suspended for the final

Funny F365 :)

Drogba: Complete (--Footballer--) Entertainer

Posted 07/05/09 13:37

Like two great heavyweights, Cristiano Ronaldo and Didier Drogba have been going at it toe-to-toe for a what seems like an age, but their titanic battle to be crowned the Premier League's most amusing hate figure shows no sign of a let-up. Last week, Ronaldo got in a tremendous body shot with his brilliant 'Baby Bird: Enraged' performance against Arsenal and many seasoned observers were declaring that, surely, English football has never seen such a total wazzock.

But Didier is a hell of a competitor, and he has come right back at the popular Portuguese with a superb combo of repeated diving, feigning injury to confuse his own manager and then shouting "f***ing disgrace" at the TV viewers during last night's almost indecently enjoyable defeat to Barcelona.

Michael Ballack, an absolute weapon in his own right but nevertheless outclassed by the Big Two, attempted to steal the show with his impressive 'running along trying to stroke the referee on the face' manoeuvre after Chelsea were denied their 83rd penalty claim of the match, but the night belonged to Didier.

The combination of hulking physicality and tottering, toddler-like vulnerability that has become his trademark was displayed to full effect. Men half his size were either barged out of the way like rival women at the Christmas sales or allowed to throw Didier flat on his back like a common-or-garden wannabe WAG. An especially brilliant moment came when he had his shirt tugged by Eric Abidal while through, and went to the mat when a lesser entertainer would have tried to stay on his feet and score.

As team-mates tracked back in a brave bid to stifle Barcelona's superior passers, Didier limped about aloof. When Nicolas Anelka is teaching you a thing or two about team-work and collective effort, that's really something. The fact that Didier spurned a brilliant chance to put the game beyond doubt, and beyond the meddling of the most unwavering Norwegian since Mags from A-ha was in his motionless keyboard pomp, was immaterial to him. When he picked up one of his many deeply serious, but only for a moment, injuries he hobbled to the touchline. Was he fit to carry on, Hiddink wondered? But Didier was keeping his cards close: he eventually decided he was fit enough to be on the pitch, but not really well enough to run around too much. It must make management very difficult.

The brilliant performance after the final whistle, charging around shouting, waving his hands, berating the referee, was a classic of its kind. Didier, who has the legend 'magnanimous in victory, gracious in defeat' tattooed on his bicep and buttocks (but in French) then chose to address his public directly, looming into extreme close up for the coup de grace. It was absolutely brilliant television, and amusingly offset by Andy Gray intoning "Apologies to anyone who can lip-read" - as Didier shouted "F***ING DISGRACE" at ear-splitting volume.

There is no doubt that Didier is a complete twit, but he certainly is an entertaining one. I personally hope that the FA/FIFA/UEFA/RADA/whoever it is that he answers to will show some leniency, because there are very few finer sight in football than Didier in full flow, either with the ball or with the titty-fits. We should all celebrate this rare talent while we still can and remember that football is, after all, a branch of the entertainment business. Nobody, bar one man, can match Didier. Mr Ronaldo is already workshopping his next routine.

Alan Tyers

Despite being Terry's third semi-final exit in the competition the Blues and England skipper visited the Barcelona dressing room and shook hands with each member of their playing and coaching staff.

For this gesture , fair play to him , he's gone up a notch from -100 to -99 in my book .... my Chelsea insider was telling me some stories about him the other day that really are not befitting an England captain imo , hence the -100

Football fans are just incredible sometimes.

If Villa got robbed in a champions league semi final by an inept referee, then we'd all be going mad.

If our players then chased the referee and called him a cheat in the media, we'd all be saying 'well said, they're right'

But because it's Chelsea, we forget about the emotion of the game and how you feel after certain incidents.

Dublin called Savage a cheat and everybody agreed, even though Savage hadn't really done anything wrong for once....and that match was nothing compared to a champions league semi final.

Good post mate and so very true...many hypocrites around really.

Football fans are just incredible sometimes.

If Villa got robbed in a champions league semi final by an inept referee, then we'd all be going mad.

If our players then chased the referee and called him a cheat in the media, we'd all be saying 'well said, they're right'

But because it's Chelsea, we forget about the emotion of the game and how you feel after certain incidents.

Dublin called Savage a cheat and everybody agreed, even though Savage hadn't really done anything wrong for once....and that match was nothing compared to a champions league semi final.

Good post mate and so very true...many hypocrites around really.

Yeah, lets all be objective about every incident. When Villa scores lets not go mental and talk about how great it was afterwards, lets compare it to other team's goals aginst the same opposition and in the event of it not being as good lets not talk it up.

Fun times.

Personally I think Chelsea should be kicked out of next years competition and replaced with the 5th placed side from the Premier League.

Then I can revert to my dream of sending Newcastle United down and qualifying for the Champions League on the final day of the season.

Â